cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased wrong add on.

Ricky_bboy_1981
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I am new on here and I purchased a us data roaming add on..I live in Canada and don't travel I am hoping someone can change my add on to a data add on I can use here at home in Canada. 

25 REPLIES 25

frankieshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

"there has been fewer user issues and new moderator hires." --- I like this...

@Ricky_bboy_1981 wrote:

To those who helped me with my issue of purchasing the wrong add on and helping me figure out how to have it changed and then re-credited to my account I thank you very kindly...if there were a merit badge award I would give it to you all.  Problem solved and I'm super happy. Thanks again ..and have a wicked awesome day!!✌️

I've merged these threads together. It's good to hear that everything worked out.

Ricky_bboy_1981

I was not meaning the boyscoutd merit badge btw lol I was referring to a badge (Merit) one can recieve for volunteer workmanship,communication,and sustainability lol there otta be one earnable on here 😉

@Ricky_bboy_1981...Good to hear that it worked out good for you.

You might want to go back to your original post and award the "Solution" to whomever you think provided you the best guidance to get that positive outcome.

Welcome aboard.

Ricky_bboy_1981

I bought a 20 dollar us roaming data add on by mistake and as I new public mobile customer did not know what to do not who to contact to fix it...until I discovered this community and the ppl on here pointed me in a very clear direction what to do and how to do it t resolve the problem ...I was credited back my money and now know a bit better on what in doing especially via add ons lol

@Ricky_bboy_1981 wrote:

To those who helped me with my issue of purchasing the wrong add on and helping me figure out how to have it changed and then re-credited to my account I thank you very kindly...if there were a merit badge award I would give it to you all.  Problem solved and I'm super happy. Thanks again ..and have a wicked awesome day!!✌️

Sounds like you're gonna have a good Friday !!

What was the problem, how did you get it solved ?

Ricky_bboy_1981

Ricky_bboy_1981

Thanks alot for the reply. Yeah hopefully they will get to me at some point ..I can understand they are probably fairly busy .

@Ricky_bboy_1981  Lol! Wait til you get your first solution! Welcome to public mobile and the community. Hang out for awhile....read, respond or bravo posts. Start your own...you have already, but ask any question you have or put it in the search bar for past posts. Check out the help and knowledge articles and don't forget to enter the contest for a chance to win a year of free service.

I put in a ticket last night at 7et I had a response within 30 min. Confirmed my identity and then 1/2 hour later my issue was fixed. But it is still early, so moderators are just getting to tickets that potentially came in overnight.

Ricky_bboy_1981

Lol and thanks for the bravoed me! I got a badge wooohooo ✌️

@Ricky_bboy_1981  We at the community just like to help out other users. I hope it all works out for you.

Ricky_bboy_1981

Thanks for all your advice...you should be a moderator yourself lol as you were on the case within minutes of my initial concern ...thanks for everything 🙂 and I will keep you in the loop and letcha know how everything pans out for me. Thnx again. 

@Ricky_bboy_1981 wrote:

So I pay 40 dollars a month it gives me unlimited Canada wide calling /unlimited text,pic, video messages/and 4 GB of data. As per everything now being done via internet eg. Paying bills etc...I use a fair chunk of data...hense I wanted to purchase some more but ended up mistakingly buying the us data rmng...add on.

@Ricky_bboy_1981  Lets hope the moderator will credit the $20 back to you. It is buyer beware but they are usually pretty good about honest mistakes. Paying $50 now to change your plan is better value than $30 for 1gb (+$20 ) if they won't fix your mistake is the same amount. Crossed fingers get your credit and add the extra funds and then change plans.

Ricky_bboy_1981

Lol yeah I lit those gigs up pretty quick lol...however I hope they will atleast re credit my account as I have an add on ...on there of absolutely no use to me I hope they will recredit the 20$ it cost me so I can buy the proper add on

@Ricky_bboy_1981  Yikes you burned thru your data with 12 days to go. You would probably be better off with the $50 8.5gb of data (on autopay). You can add funds to your account and change now and your 30 days starts over (You lose the rest of your $40 plan cycle) or schedule it to change on your next renewal. But you would have to survive on WiFi til then. Check out the plans page in your account the $60 might interest you too.

Ricky_bboy_1981

So I pay 40 dollars a month it gives me unlimited Canada wide calling /unlimited text,pic, video messages/and 4 GB of data. As per everything now being done via internet eg. Paying bills etc...I use a fair chunk of data...hense I wanted to purchase some more but ended up mistakingly buying the us data rmng...add on.

@Ricky_bboy_1981  Ok hopefully someone will get back to you soon. You should consider changing your plan on the next renewal if you think you need more monthly data. Data add ons are a little pricey here $10/200nb and $30 1/gb. They do roll over until used up. Plan data is much cheaper....which one are yo on?

Ricky_bboy_1981

And my plan is the 40 dollar a month pay as you go...my renewal date is November 27th

Ricky_bboy_1981

Hey..yes I did submit a ticket ..

@Ricky_bboy_1981 wrote:

How long usually before anyone gets back to me? I have gotten no response as if yet

@Ricky_bboy_1981  A couple of moderators just signed in maybe @Silvio_M  can help you out. You did submit a ticket via Simon (?)

@Ricky_bboy_1981  What plan are you currently on and when is your next renewal?

@Ricky_bboy_1981  The official hours on weekdays are 8am est to 12 midnight est. Hopefully they will be in contact in the next couple of hours. It has been up to 48 hours in the past but lately pretty quick as there has been fewer user issues and new moderator hires.

Ricky_bboy_1981

How long usually before anyone gets back to me? I have gotten no response as if yet

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ricky_bboy_1981  After you submit a ticket to the moderators tell us what plan you are on so we can advise you of your options.

Need Help? Let's chat.