cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased a replacement SIM but still getting no service

athmi100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I damaged my SIM card while I was on vacation in Europe. I purchased  a new SIM card  and changed my SIM number on the self serve portal. I however still have 'no service'. My phone is able to detect the new SIM card just fine. 

Can someone help me resolve this. This is quite frustrating

21 REPLIES 21

athmi100

I complained over here:

https://twitter.com/zebasquared/status/1044286070601523201

I'm not optimistic about hearing anything back though. 

@athmi100 can't say I blame you, but the service is TELUS service, and it works very well when it works.

Complain to Telus directly - They're the ones keeping Public Mobile without a voice support system.

athmi100

I sent a message to the moderators 2 days ago and I still haven't gotten a reply. Other SIM cards work on my phone any this SIM does not work on any other phone. 

I don't know why I thought that a service provider with no customer service was a great idea, Just to save a couple of buck was completely pointless. I have never been without service for this long (Not the first time this has happend with Public Mobile). I think I am going to cut my losses and switch providers. Great work TELUS!

@athmi100

You may need to put in a request for moderator help.  You tried several things already without success.  Moderators are taking about 2-3 days to respond.  Have you tried putting your SIM into another phone yet?  That would provide helpful information....

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code. 

athmi100

I tried this and unfortunately it still does not work

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@athmi100, I think there is a network reset function on iPhones.  Doing a reset might help.  Here is the link from Apple that covers network reset.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201415

robgrif
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

turn phone off then on with  your new sim installed 

robgrif
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

try turning phone off then on worked on my iphone6 

athmi100

I do not have access to another phone right now. But I will try that ASAP and report back. 

athmi100

I tried that a few times already. Doesn't seem to work unfortunately. 

icewhaler

Since i didn't see where anybody asked I will ask. DId you try powering your iphone off and turn it back on since updating the sim # in your profile? If not it would be worth trying.

@athmi100

Have you tried putting your SIM card into another phone?  It is rare, but it could be a defective SIM card.

If the SiM card doesn't work in another phone, it is either a defective SIM or something wrong with Public mobile service.  If the SIM card works in another phone, it is an issue with your phone (ie. setting, etc.).  

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, that is what I was talking about. Sorry for any confusion.

athmi100

yes it does

athmi100

@tbark I'm not sure what you mean. There doesn't seem to be an option under plans for SIM card. I simply clicked "change my SIM card" and entered my new SIM number.

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you put the new SIM card number in under plans? If so did you also try turning your phone off and then back on to see if that activates it?

@athmi100 wrote:

@popping It says Active

When you set your phone to automatic does it pick up the PM network?

athmi100

@popping It says Active

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@athmi100

What is your account status after login ot your online account?

Active or Suspended?

If your account is suspended, you need to send a private message to moderator for help.

athmi100

@mimmo I manually selected Public Mobile as my carrier and it still does not work. I have an IPhone 6. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

have you tried a manual network search?  what shows up there?

maybe a network settings reset

stating the obious(sorry) but your plan is active not expired correct.

what phone are you using?

Need Help? Let's chat.