cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Publicmobile.ca - One email one Public account?

@dabr wrote: @kb_mv   Thanks for that information, but unfortunately no that doesn't apply to my email.  Another one of those mysteries I guess. 

@dabr Depending what browser I am using (phone and desktop), when I add a period to the log in to sign into my second PM account, it adds a "space" automatically as if it's end of sentence. This happened to me a few times and resulted in sign in errors until I realized what was happening. Any chance of this happening when you try and send an email to yourself using the "."

Reaching here lol

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv wrote:

@dabr wrote: @kb_mv   Thanks for that information, but unfortunately no that doesn't apply to my email.  Another one of those mysteries I guess. 

@dabr Depending what browser I am using (phone and desktop), when I add a period to the log in to sign into my second PM account, it adds a "space" automatically as if it's end of sentence. This happened to me a few times and resulted in sign in errors until I realized what was happening. Any chance of this happening when you try and send an email to yourself using the "."

Reaching here lol

@kb_mv   So not sure why but my notices seem to be delayed several minutes.  I only got this notice that you had responded.

As to the browser the majority of the times I use Firefox and have never seen a space being added after the period in the email address, but that sounds handy.   I have seen that when messaging on my phone and adding the period at the end of the sentence and a space is automatically added but not applicable here.  Also I always double/triple check if writing new/new versions of any email address.  Also both unsuccessful and successful tests were done on the same browser using the same email for the alias.  Yes it is kinda baffling why it doesn't work for me, but I'm okay as longs the + sign works.  Thanks for trying to troubleshoot this. 😊

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

I believe Gmail always had it but I'm not sure

I discovered it accidentally after i sent an email with the dot between the first and last name but was told later that there shouldn't be, then was informed that she received it anyways

It's important to note this works with Gmail, this is what is explicitly said but really should have underlined

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kselmak wrote:

@dabr 

I believe Gmail always had it but I'm not sure

I discovered it accidentally after i sent an email with the dot between the first and last name but was told later that there shouldn't be, then was informed that she received it anyways

It's important to note this works with Gmail, this is what is explicitly said but really should have underlined

@kselmak   That was nice accidental find 😊   Yeah adding the period dot seems to work for  most it would seem, except me!  OTH the + sign allows me to create gmail aliases so I'm not overly fussed but was just curious as to why it works for most and not others (or maybe it's only me)! 🤔    Oh well... c'est la vie!

Need Help? Let's chat.