cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Publicmobile.ca - One email one Public account?

just wondering, can i use the SAME email to logon publicmobile.ca to manage 2 different phone lines on Public?

I already created 2 accounts (2 different emails), wonder if anyway to manage on the same account (using 1 email address to logon publicmobile.ca

thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Publicmobile.ca - One email one Public account?

No sorry. Each sim needs a different email. You can use email aliases though.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

No sorry. Each sim needs a different email. You can use email aliases though.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I use Gmail aliases for all of them

name@gmail name+mom@gmail name+kid1@gmail name+kid2@gmail and also na.me@Gmail

They so end up in my name@Gmail inbox (i filter them though)

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

just wondering, can i use the SAME email to logon publicmobile.ca to manage 2 different phone lines on Public?

I already created 2 accounts (2 different emails), wonder if anyway to manage on the same account (using 1 email address to logon publicmobile.ca

thanks

@softech  You can use an email alias. The easiest way to to do it is add or remove a period in your email address.

myname@somemail.com

my.name@somemail.com

Both addresses will get the email at the same account but satisfy the requirement for a "different" email for log n purposes.

Alternatively, as already stated, some email providers like Google Gmail allow you to add a + in front of the @ sign in your address followed by whatever you like.

myname@gmail.com
myname+hername@gmail.com

Both emails will receive messages at the same account but again meet the requirements for a different email for log in.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kselmak  and @kb_mv   Have you both used the period in your email address and received responses addressed to that email?  Just asking because when I experimented with this a while ago I never received any emails where I had added the period, most of the time I just received an error/unsuccessful sending message, but one email did successfully get sent but not to my email and I'm assuming someone else received that email and probably thought they were getting spammed.  However, adding + sign instead to create the alias email address seems to work without any issue. 

So just a heads up to OP in case he runs into any problems trying to create an alias email.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@kselmak  and @kb_mv   Have you both used the period in your email address and received responses addressed to that email?  Just asking because when I experimented with this a while ago I never received any emails where I had added the period, most of the time I just received an error/unsuccessful sending message, but one email did successfully get sent but not to my email and I'm assuming someone else received that email and probably thought they were getting spammed.  However, adding + sign instead to create the alias email address seems to work without any issue. 

So just a heads up to OP in case he runs into any problems trying to create an alias email.

@dabr I routinely use a "." in my email address to differentiate log ins. I receive emails to this day at "both" addresses. None from PM as I have selected no emails. But I routinely receive other messages at "both". Here is a page from Google on it:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7436150?hl=en#:~:text=Adding%20dots%20doesn't%20change,own%20....

Of note is the part that says "you own all dotted versions of your address"

And this part where it does make a difference lol:

Note: If you use Gmail through work, school, or other organization (like yourdomain.com or yourschool.edu), dots do change your address. To change the dots in your username, contact your admin.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

thanks

No.  You need separate email address for each account as the PM self-serve portal is using email address as username. 

Other members had said that you can use email aliases to create more than one account to receive email from PM for all your PM accounts.  But you still need to use each alias email address to login to its PM account.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@dabr I routinely use a "." in my email address to differentiate log ins. I receive emails to this day at "both" addresses. None from PM as I have selected no emails. But I routinely receive other messages at "both". Here is a page from Google on it:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7436150?hl=en#:~:text=Adding%20dots%20doesn't%20change,own%20....

Of note is the part that says "you own all dotted versions of your address"

@kb_mv  Yes I know a lot of people seem to have no problem with "." being used for their alias email address.  Not sure why I wasn't able to do it, but I used the same procedure to test first the period and then +.  I was never able to receive anything with the period but like I said earlier, the + works.  Might be just me, don't know but it's really handy to have the use pf those aliases, especially if there's more than one account with PM. 😊

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dabr I amended my reply after you quoted it to include an exception if your work or school is using Gmail:

Note: If you use Gmail through work, school, or other organization (like yourdomain.com or yourschool.edu), dots do change your address. To change the dots in your username, contact your admin.

Does this include you? Otherwise I am baffled as well.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv wrote:

@dabr I amended my reply after you quoted it to include an exception if your work or school is using Gmail:

Does this include you? Otherwise I am baffled as well.

@kb_mv   Thanks for that information, but unfortunately no that doesn't apply to my email.  Another one of those mysteries I guess. 😊

Need Help? Let's chat.