cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public or Koodo customer service

CrazyFairy79
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been trying to reconnect my Koodo account and I noticed Public and Koodo have the same customer service number. How can I differentiate between them? 

PS I love Public, Koodo is an alternate from before. 

24 REPLIES 24

@CrazyFairy79 wrote:

This is exactly what I was attempting to get across but I was doing an awful job at apparently 😆

Thank you everyone!

Sometimes posing a seemingly nutty question and getting a response (or numerous ones) is the only way to prove in the insanity of it that you are indeed not crazy....maybe a little kooky...lol...

But definitely not crazy. Btw...i got koodo.

@CrazyFairy79

If you've recently migrated from Koodo to Public then it's possible an incomplete number port is causing your incoming, outgoing, and system calls to reach different/wrong network destinations. If this is the problem then just wait a few days and it'll sort itself out. 

CrazyFairy79

This is exactly what I was attempting to get across but I was doing an awful job at apparently 😆

Thank you everyone!

@Lowufo wrote:

Not sure what the point of this thread is? Why do we want to know what Koodo's number is... just saying.

It seems relevant here if Koodo's number is malfunctioning in some way which involves Public Mobile (even if only by assumed name). 

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not sure what the point of this thread is? Why do we want to know what Koodo's number is... just saying.

vehementflame

Oops, haha! Sorry, I replied before I realized there was a page 2 to this thread. #newbiehere 🙂

vehementflame

I called the 866 number you shared and it said welcome to Koodo Mobile.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile phone numbers are *611 and 1-866-4PUBLIC. They are fully automated and never call out (although *611 is used to send SMS notifications to active PM subscribers). 

1-866-995-6636 is Koodo Mobile Customer Service. Koodo apparently never calls out from this number (except, possibly, to chase customers who are in the process of abandoning Koodo). 

But recently (Oct 1 onwards) many people have reported it as a scam or telemarketing number. All current or former Koodo customers. They complain this number calls them multiple times, usually the same time each day, but there's only silence when they answer. Some say there's sometimes a telemarketer instead who tries to get them to dial another system number (#2020 or something like it). It's been a very busy number lately, lol, at least on the search engines and lookup sites. 

The number is now registered as "private" and based in Long Beach, California. 

It looks very much like Koodo/Telus got hacked, or someone somehow got access to their customer list, and someone has somehow snatched or spoofed the number from them. Or maybe they've just outsourced to an unethical/compromised foreign call center. Incidentally, this has all happened before with this number about 3-4 years ago. Google the phone number and see for yourself. 

https://canada411.yellowpages.ca/fs/1-866-995-6636?what=866-995-6636

@LovesToPM wrote:

@CrazyFairy79 wrote:

Thank you all!! I was linking directly from the number on the website, it went directly to PM. When I dialed it number by number it went to Koodo. What a pain in the bum!!!

That is strange cause PM is not supposed to have a number.

Which link from which website it is? Any idea what number you called?

@LovesToPM  Maybe OP is referring to PM's 855-478-2542 which takes you to PM's 611 system?

jaxon0904
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

its because public PM is owned by Telus I believe who also owns koodo, PM doesnt have an 800 number only a community, so you cant call PM and you will always get Koodo at that number

@CrazyFairy79 wrote:

Thank you all!! I was linking directly from the number on the website, it went directly to PM. When I dialed it number by number it went to Koodo. What a pain in the bum!!!

That is strange cause PM is not supposed to have a number.

Which link from which website it is? Any idea what number you called?

CrazyFairy79

@CrazyFairy79 hi I just called it on my PM phone and it said welcome to koodo mobile Smiley Happy

CrazyFairy79

Urgh!! I tried three times! I keep getting PM! OK, one more time. 

Thank you all for entertaining my question...as annoying and off side as it is. 

@CrazyFairy79 wrote:

Has anyone tried calling the 1-866 number for Koodo from their PM phone? 

I'm not dialing #611

Calling 1 (866) 995-6636 from Public Mobile phone, it says welcome to Koodo.

Public Mobile doesn't use this phone number.

CrazyFairy79

Has anyone tried calling the 1-866 number for Koodo from their PM phone? 

I'm not dialing #611

CrazyFairy79

Thank you @RossN  but I just tried calling that....welcome to PM 😕

@CrazyFairy79  here is the number  Koodo Mobile · Customer service
Koodo Mobile · Customer service
1 (866) 995-6636

CrazyFairy79

If someone else could try it, just for experiment sake? 1(866)9956636. 

CrazyFairy79

@LovesToPM  I am referring to the Koodo self help number that says welcome to PM. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CrazyFairy79  That number is for Koodo only. For PM customer support you need to use Simon the bot by clicking on the ? Bottom of your page 

Edit: Dialing 611 from your PM device gives access to PM's IVR ststem. If you have a Koodo sim in your device and call 611 you will get Koodo's IVR system.

@CrazyFairy79 wrote:

OK, that's good to know. However I'm calling the Koodo help number and it says thank you for calling Public mobile.....and so on. Is it because Telus is the parent company and I'm calling from a Public phone?

If you're referring to *611, that's an automated service that allows you to make basic account changes.

More info on PM support here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/get-support

CrazyFairy79

OK, that's good to know. However I'm calling the Koodo help number and it says thank you for calling Public mobile.....and so on. Is it because Telus is the parent company and I'm calling from a Public phone?

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@CrazyFairy79 hi PM doesn't have a number anymore it,s all online 

Need Help? Let's chat.