cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile rejected my port request because they said the accout number was incorrect please help

fatfrog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

trying to switch back to shaw home phone

i initiated the process carefully with shaw and double checked the account number but public has rejected the request

not sure how or why the number is wrong or who screwed up but i don't know how to rectify this 

can someone help with what i need to do

i am talking to shaw but they have asked me to also contact public which of course i can't do directly

any help appreciated

3 REPLIES 3

shakti

yes it will need whole number including zeros 

thanks

fatfrog

ok thanks

despite my very careful reading of the account number to the shaw rep, shaw has taken it down wrong i guess or communicated it wrong

does the public account number need to the full number including all 6 zeros and the leading 1 because i think the csr may have only used the account number after the 6 zeros ?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@fatfrog, is the account containing the number you wish to port active?  That is the only condition for number porting eligibility.  No carrier blocks porting.  Issues are usually on the new carrier side where information supplied is incorrect.  With porting being a "pull" function, there is nothing that Public Mobile can do to assist with getting your number over to Shaw.  Everything happens on the Shaw end. 

Need Help? Let's chat.