cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile online activation failed

AM_4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can someone please help me. I tried to activate a new sim card on public mobile (new account) and on the payment page --- when I pressed Activate, I get a error message after a while "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile has help". 

I checked my credit card and the transaction shows as pending..... Thinking that I should try the process again and see what happens, now it is telling me on Account Setup page that the SIM card is invalid....

Any ideas how do I get a hold of one of the moderators to help me out....

Thank you

20 REPLIES 20

@James84022 

you made many posts last night, from what we discussed, look like you have to open ticket to help on your situation, please message support here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

James84022
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need help complete my activation as I'm getting a error message and can't complete 

@James84022 care to share your issue here with other customers to see if we can help?

If not, customer support can be messaged here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

James84022

I need help as well as mine says payed 

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ahhh, @esjliv , good one. 

But maybe @AM_4  has one over on us all - the thread has not been marked as solved...

@Mtres01 wrote:

I believe this means you're activation has just timed out just need to restart your activation.

@Mtres01  the post you are responding to is from two years ago.

So it has definitely timed out by this point. 😂

Mtres01

I believe this means you're activation has just timed out just need to restart your activation.

mrfay

I just had this experience this morning. Here is the history:

Dec 12, 2019: 09:09 AM

I tried to activate a new sim card on public mobile (new account) and on the payment page -after I pressed Activate, I get an error message:

Generic Error

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

I checked my credit card and the transaction shows as pending.

I tried the process again and on the Account Setup page, the new Simcard stated as: SIM card is invalid.

Dec 12, 2019: 11:48 AM

Moderator_Team reached me, they requested me to provide these data:

• Full Name.
  • The phone number to be activated.
  • SIM Card number.
  • Account/IMEI from the old service provider in case you're trying to port a number.
  • Create 4 Digits security PIN for your Public Mobile.
  • Home Address with postal code.
  • Date of birth.
  • Email address.
  • Contact number.
  • Cost of the Plan that you want.

Dec 12, 2019: 11:51 AM

I filled their request and sent the reply.

Dec 12, 2019: 01:38 PM

Problem solved!

So based on my experience, it took around 2.5 hours to wait the Mod Team reached me and 4.5 hours for the problem solved!

@Sebastienbern wrote:

Help another respond on my number  i transfered This number i have 10 years ago  contact me 

Please write a message to the moderator..here....https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and give them details of your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days. Be patient.

Sebastienbern

Help another respond on my number i transfered This number i have 10 years ago contact me 

edited by computergeek541: removed personal information

Jernikfra

I don't think it can be done until after March 19th without a moderator doing it. They should extend the referral credit past the 19th to stop the current website issues. Having online activation is pointless if it doesn't work. The poor moderators must be very busy having to do activations for people like me that keep trying and failing.

@Jernikfra wrote:

Same thing for me.

Activation site timed out after over an hour.
Login attempt to my account failed several times.
PM attempted to charge my credit card, but failed.

Tried to activate again but could not re-activate as SIM was being used by another session it said.
Number I chose was no longer available on 2nd activation attempt.

Tried again, and SIM was free now, but first number not available again, so chose different number.

Now it's stuck processing again.

Seems it's currently impossible to sign up for PM.

Moderator emailed.

Don't give up! It will go through!Smiley Happy

Jernikfra

Same thing for me.

Activation site timed out after over an hour.
Login attempt to my account failed several times.
PM attempted to charge my credit card, but failed.

Tried to activate again but could not re-activate as SIM was being used by another session it said.
Number I chose was no longer available on 2nd activation attempt.

Tried again, and SIM was free now, but first number not available again, so chose different number.

Now it's stuck processing again.

Seems it's currently impossible to sign up for PM.

Moderator emailed.

AM_4

Thank you for your help. It seems to have solved itself, I left the phone and sim aside for few hours and now everything seems to be working now. 

Now I have check the rewards to ensure that both parties both $25 referral bonus.

AM_4

Thank you for your help. It seems to have solved itself, I left the phone and sim aside for few hours and now everything seems to be working now. 

Now I have check the rewards to ensure that both parties both $25 referral bonus.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MB2 wrote:

I have similar problem.Activated new sim and account and after entering all info required it reloaded back to the begining and asked for all info again.Try to enter sim number and says invalid sim.Installed sim in phone and everything works and shows Public Mobile as carrier.When I try to log in it won't accept my number .I try to register account again and it says no account for email or password and I can't get in to change password-help

@MB2 

Clear your web browser cache, and ensure all browser windows are closed for several seconds, then relaunch browser and see if it allows you to login to self serve. If not, reset your password by clicking Forgot your Password? Failing that, send the moderator_team a private message, asking them to reset your password.

MB2

I have similar problem.Activated new sim and account and after entering all info required it reloaded back to the begining and asked for all info again.Try to enter sim number and says invalid sim.Installed sim in phone and everything works and shows Public Mobile as carrier.When I try to log in it won't accept my number .I try to register account again and it says no account for email or password and I can't get in to change password-help

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @AM_4!

We are here to help you out 🙂

If you are still experiencing issues with the activation process, get in touch with us through a private message. We'll try our best to have this fixed as soon as possible.

You can reach us by clicking on this link.

All the best,

Mariela

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@AM_4 wrote:

Can someone please help me. I tried to activate a new sim card on public mobile (new account) and on the payment page --- when I pressed Activate, I get a error message after a while "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile has help". 

I checked my credit card and the transaction shows as pending..... Thinking that I should try the process again and see what happens, now it is telling me on Account Setup page that the SIM card is invalid....

Thank you

@AM_4  Try putting the sim card in your phone, does it work?

@AM_4 wrote:

Thank you

Moderators can be contacted by clicking here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I would not try to activate it again.  Experiences tell me that you wouldn't be able to activate again because your sim card would be tied to the Public Mobile account that has the problem.  Also, even if you did manage to get teh service working, Public Mobile has a bad habbit of actually still charging for these failed activation, in which case, you would have to contact the moderators anyways.

Need Help? Let's chat.