cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public Mobile online activation failed

Can someone please help me. I tried to activate a new sim card on public mobile (new account) and on the payment page --- when I pressed Activate, I get a error message after a while "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile has help". 

 

I checked my credit card and the transaction shows as pending..... Thinking that I should try the process again and see what happens, now it is telling me on Account Setup page that the SIM card is invalid....

 

Any ideas how do I get a hold of one of the moderators to help me out....

 

Thank you

Re: Public Mobile online activation failed


@AM_4 wrote:

Can someone please help me. I tried to activate a new sim card on public mobile (new account) and on the payment page --- when I pressed Activate, I get a error message after a while "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile has help". 

 

I checked my credit card and the transaction shows as pending..... Thinking that I should try the process again and see what happens, now it is telling me on Account Setup page that the SIM card is invalid....

 

Any ideas how do I get a hold of one of the moderators to help me out....

 

Thank you


Moderators can be contacted by clicking here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

 

I would not try to activate it again.  Experiences tell me that you wouldn't be able to activate again because your sim card would be tied to the Public Mobile account that has the problem.  Also, even if you did manage to get teh service working, Public Mobile has a bad habbit of actually still charging for these failed activation, in which case, you would have to contact the moderators anyways.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Public Mobile online activation failed


@AM_4 wrote:

Can someone please help me. I tried to activate a new sim card on public mobile (new account) and on the payment page --- when I pressed Activate, I get a error message after a while "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile has help". 

 

I checked my credit card and the transaction shows as pending..... Thinking that I should try the process again and see what happens, now it is telling me on Account Setup page that the SIM card is invalid....

 

Any ideas how do I get a hold of one of the moderators to help me out....

 

Thank you


@AM_4  Try putting the sim card in your phone, does it work?

Moderator

Re: Public Mobile online activation failed

Hello @AM_4!

 

We are here to help you out Smiley Happy

 

If you are still experiencing issues with the activation process, get in touch with us through a private message. We'll try our best to have this fixed as soon as possible.

You can reach us by clicking on this link.

 

 

 

 

All the best,

Mariela

 

MB2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Public Mobile online activation failed

I have similar problem.Activated new sim and account and after entering all info required it reloaded back to the begining and asked for all info again.Try to enter sim number and says invalid sim.Installed sim in phone and everything works and shows Public Mobile as carrier.When I try to log in it won't accept my number .I try to register account again and it says no account for email or password and I can't get in to change password-help

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Public Mobile online activation failed


@MB2 wrote:

I have similar problem.Activated new sim and account and after entering all info required it reloaded back to the begining and asked for all info again.Try to enter sim number and says invalid sim.Installed sim in phone and everything works and shows Public Mobile as carrier.When I try to log in it won't accept my number .I try to register account again and it says no account for email or password and I can't get in to change password-help


@MB2 

Clear your web browser cache, and ensure all browser windows are closed for several seconds, then relaunch browser and see if it allows you to login to self serve. If not, reset your password by clicking Forgot your Password? Failing that, send the moderator_team a private message, asking them to reset your password.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Public Mobile online activation failed

Thank you for your help. It seems to have solved itself, I left the phone and sim aside for few hours and now everything seems to be working now. 

 

Now I have check the rewards to ensure that both parties both $25 referral bonus.

 

 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Public Mobile online activation failed

Thank you for your help. It seems to have solved itself, I left the phone and sim aside for few hours and now everything seems to be working now. 

 

Now I have check the rewards to ensure that both parties both $25 referral bonus.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Public Mobile online activation failed

Same thing for me.

 

Activation site timed out after over an hour.
Login attempt to my account failed several times.
PM attempted to charge my credit card, but failed.

Tried to activate again but could not re-activate as SIM was being used by another session it said.
Number I chose was no longer available on 2nd activation attempt.

Tried again, and SIM was free now, but first number not available again, so chose different number.

Now it's stuck processing again.

Seems it's currently impossible to sign up for PM.

Moderator emailed.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Public Mobile online activation failed


@Jernikfra wrote:

Same thing for me.

 

Activation site timed out after over an hour.
Login attempt to my account failed several times.
PM attempted to charge my credit card, but failed.

Tried to activate again but could not re-activate as SIM was being used by another session it said.
Number I chose was no longer available on 2nd activation attempt.

Tried again, and SIM was free now, but first number not available again, so chose different number.

Now it's stuck processing again.

Seems it's currently impossible to sign up for PM.

Moderator emailed.


Don't give up! It will go through!Smiley Happy