cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile old and new password. Can't remember old password. What to do?

poohbear68
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't remember my old password in order to save a new one and I have been locked out of Public Mobile for 24 hours and wonder how to get back in.  They said that I tried too many times.

38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

@poohbear68 : So what did they do to solve this? Assuming a moderator fixed something for you.

poohbear68

Thanks for your interest and support.  The problem is solved. If I ever have difficulty again, you are who I will turn to.  Regards, 

@poohbear68 

Lets try this again.....follow the instructions below. You might even get one of the overnight moderators to help you.  If you still have questions then ask away.

@poohbear68 

I understand how this can be overwhelming and frustrating all at the same time and going by your username I would say we are the same age and about 18 months we were probably at the same skill level when it came to technology except I've spent the last year and a half glued to my tablet.

Here's the simpler method of contacting the moderators in your situation. Be sure to only ever reveal this information to the moderators (pm employees) in your private messages as it is account sensitive.

Contact the moderators by sending a private message put "need password reset" in the subject line and leave a detailed message explaining your issue (forgot password and security questions)and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?

You may be asked to provide frequently called or texted phone numbers if you have trouble coming up with three of the account identifiers listed above. However if you can supply enough info the moderators will reset your passeord with a temporary one and send it to you in your private messages for you to use to reset (create) a new password. Once you can access your account you can change your security questions and answers. If you don't  remember your pin # ask the moderators for it and then make sure you right all this info down and put it in a safe place for future reference. 

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@esjliv wrote:

@poohbear68 wrote:

Hello.  I need help to reset my password.  Something comes up saying this page has expired. What do I do about that.? I have only tried once since I got home!  I understand that we can't access my old password but I need help setting a new password but even if I tried again there is the message saying the page has expired.  I just don't know what to do.  Could you please help me?

esjliv_0-1614394493748.png

@poohbear68  are you speaking about this message above?

Do you still have services? If yes, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew. So if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

As the OP is asking for the the self serve password to be reset, I don't beleive this is an issue of the errorneous plan expired message.  I believe that this is probably related to the the password reset option refusing to allow a new password to be reset because too much time has elapsed since the request was made.  

@poohbear68  

As the forgot password option has not been working, you need to be opening a ticket the moderators. Instructions have been provided earlier in this message thread.  No one here can reset your password except for the moderators.

@poohbear68 wrote:

Hello.  I need help to reset my password.  Something comes up saying this page has expired. What do I do about that.? I have only tried once since I got home!  I understand that we can't access my old password but I need help setting a new password but even if I tried again there is the message saying the page has expired.  I just don't know what to do.  Could you please help me?

esjliv_0-1614394493748.png

@poohbear68  are you speaking about this message above?

Do you still have services? If yes, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew. So if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

poohbear68

@poohbear68 

Have you sent a message to the moderators yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

This is getting confusing how did this thread get split?

From what I can see, there wasn't a split. All indications point to a new thread being started.

I would agree with this assessment.

@poohbear68 wrote:

I need to know my old password to log in to my account because I want to set a new password but I need to know the old one so I don't use it as my new one.  My memory is not very good.

Companies sometimes make it so that not even customer service can see or know the current or past customer account passwords.  I see this as being with similar reasoning to why complete credit card numbers aren't accessible by most working for the company.   If that's the case, I do not beleive there's any way to know what your old password was unless you're able to figure that out yoruself. 

@darlicious wrote:

From what I can see, there wasn't a split. All indications point to a new thread being started.

@computergeek541 

Any chance this can be put back together?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Public-Mobile-old-and-new-password-Can-t-r...

@poohbear68 

When you get into the "forgot password" link, I would recommend the ole pen & paper option to 'store' your passwords.   Perhaps keep the document in a lock box or securely stored.

If you can't get to the password reset link for whatever reason, you'll likely need moderator assistance.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Good luck!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is about as certain as the Manitoba thing 🙂 (thank you darlicious for making sure information out there is correct even though I said "or some such thing" as my out 🙂 ) but...

I don't think this place enforces a new password. But if you use a common to you password then why is this one different? And then of course, you shouldn't be using a common to you password everywhere.

@poohbear68 

If you are at the point that you can set a new password then just make up a new one and write it down first before entering it. Having trouble making one up? Start each word with a capital letter then choose a colour, a number, pet or car model or child's name etc...and another number and a symbol or two....

ie.  Blue4Pontiac8?!  or Yellow5Barney2$?

@poohbear68 wrote:

I need to know my old password to log in to my account because I want to set a new password but I need to know the old one so I don't use it as my new one.  My memory is not very good.

If you forgot your password try the Forgot your password link.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

poohbear68

@poohbear68 

I understand how this can be overwhelming and frustrating all at the same time and going by your username I would say we are the same age and about 18 months we were probably at the same skill level when it came to technology except I've spent the last year and a half glued to my tablet.

Here's the simpler method of contacting the moderators in your situation. Be sure to only ever reveal this information to the moderators (pm employees) in your private messages as it is account sensitive.

Contact the moderators by sending a private message put "need password reset" in the subject line and leave a detailed message explaining your issue (forgot password and security questions)and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?

You may be asked to provide frequently called or texted phone numbers if you have trouble coming up with three of the account identifiers listed above. However if you can supply enough info the moderators will reset your passeord with a temporary one and send it to you in your private messages for you to use to reset (create) a new password. Once you can access your account you can change your security questions and answers. If you don't  remember your pin # ask the moderators for it and then make sure you right all this info down and put it in a safe place for future reference. 

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@poohbear68 

Just follow my instructions on how to send a private message to the moderators and they will have you reset in no time.....a couple of hours max.

Edit: Except my post disappeared....hold on.

poohbear68

I am home now.  Still trying find out how to find out my old password.  I can't put in a new password, not knowing if I have already used it and it is an old one.

@poohbear68 

Go out do what you need to do and come back and check in again. We will be here to help you.

Evilbred

I had this problem today.

The solution I found was to transfer to another provider with a functional self-serve system.

Hope this helps.

poohbear68

poohbear68

I have to get ready to go out now but will be home at 2:30 to continue with this.  I hope that you can help me.  Axxx Wxxx  poohbear68

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

@poohbear68 wrote:

I have to go out at 8:30 am until 2:30 pm so I won' be home soon for instructions.  Could we continue this a bit later?

@poohbear68 

Sure, just let the community know when you get back and if you have further questions....

@poohbear68 

Click on option#2 in my earlier post above to submit a request to moderators.

The "To" field will auto-fill with Moderator_team.

Create a subject.

Write some text describing your concern.

Hit Send Message.

Wait for reply, which you'll see in the envelope icon in upper right of screen.

Basically same as sending e-mail.

poohbear68

I have to go out at 8:30 am until 2:30 pm so I won' be home soon for instructions.  Could we continue this a bit later?

@poohbear68 

Try the following:

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

poohbear68

I just don't understand the  instructions.  Too complicated and I am not at all computer literate.  What to do?  

Public Mobile should not be sending time-limited password reset links during the night (but I've heard this from others before)

Recommend contacting moderators to seek assistance, explaining that your password reset is being sent and expiring when you're asleep.

They've gotta work with you in getting this right.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

poohbear68

You said did you open a ticket yet but I don't know how to do that.

Need Help? Let's chat.