cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile charges

scuachon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

So Im on the $50/month plan and with my rewards and whatnot, my bill ends up at $43. This month, I checked my statement and public Mobile charged me $48.59. When I checked my payment history, I should have only needed to pay $43. Why did PM take an extra $5.59?

Help 

11 REPLIES 11

@ladie_jadie  My bet is that you will be charged taxes from now on. Consider yourself lucky for the past 5 months if that was the case. 🙂

ladie_jadie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for that reply, it's all very strange! I looked back at my credit card statements and the correct exact amount has always been deducted. This is definitely the first time tax has been included for me. Will be interesting to see future payments!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ladie_jadie wrote:

I've had the same thing happen to me. I am meant to be charged $22.00 with rewards taken into account, however $24.64 was taken from my credit card. This is the first time taxes have been deducted since I joined Public Mobile 5 months ago. Do you know if this will continue?

Apparently you're in BC. That's 22*1.12=24.64. New money going into the account always gets charged taxes somewhere. Vouchers: at POS. Credit card: in the self-serve. I would be very surprised that you might not be being charged taxes. Perhaps you're noticing paying a little more now with the loss of some incorrectly applied referral rewards.

ladie_jadie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've had the same thing happen to me. I am meant to be charged $22.00 with rewards taken into account, however $24.64 was taken from my credit card. This is the first time taxes have been deducted since I joined Public Mobile 5 months ago. Do you know if this will continue?

scuachon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

LOL wow - how'd I forget about taxes?! Thanks for the support and helping me !

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@scuachon , check the payment history for this and the past renewal.  Hopefully the difference can be reconciled by the difference in rewards.  The numbers in the payment history are all pre-tax.  

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@scuachon wrote:

...with my rewards and whatnot, my bill ends up at $43. This month, I checked my statement and public Mobile charged me $48.59

You likely lost a few referral rewards in the last month or so, if some of your previous referrals are no longer active. There was a glitch in the referal rewards system that was not cleaning up referral rewards after accounts went inactive.

Check how many referrals are currently showing in your selfserve, vs how many you recall previously.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

they were correcting the reward. some of the reward might be double. send them private message

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I suggest Public Mobile show us how much total(like other store's receipt) have been charged on our self serve account.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@scuachon  Public Mobile did not take it, the taxman did.🙂 To keep things simple, payment history does not show the taxes. Your credit card statement will include the taxes.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@scuachon the $5.59 extra is taxes.

Need Help? Let's chat.