cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Walmart - 20$ credit not-received.

nico_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello community,

I recently bought a new SIM-card with a 30-day-plan at a Walmart location, however, I never received the 20$ account credit mentioned below. The SIM card was bought on May 12, 2018 and was activated straight away. Everything else worked just fine, just the 20$ never made it to my account. Plan is running out tomorrow and I'd rather use the credit I was opting for than paying again. What can I do?

Thanks!

Quote:

"Hey Community,

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! This offer is available to new customers only until June 30, 2018.

How to Get this Offer:
$20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location from now until June 30, 2018, you will get a $20 account credit!
Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.

$0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)"

12 REPLIES 12

whyphy123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@nico_, you’ve actually saved money on this plan you have now, as the top up data would have been an additional $30, on top of the talk and text only plan.

I’m sorry the Walmart employee screwed you over.  It wasn’t Public Mobile’s fault, as they clearly said talk and text in the promotion advertisement.

john7

My plan activated in walmart store. the walmart agent told me, i will get $20 credit in 3 days but i never get any. my renewal in 4 days. Nothing helps.

nico_

Well, that is kind of a disappointment, I specifically asked the salesperson at Walmart if that plan was eligible for the 20$ credit, and was assured that I would get the credit within a couple of days. The way I understood Public Mobile's plans was that the text+talk is the plan, and the data the "top-up" / "on-top", as you could also choose these seperately later on. I wasn't expecting a loophole like this and will make sure to read the fine print next time I sign up for a phone plan. It won't be with Public Mobile.

Thanks to the community for your quick help! I appreciate it.

Orz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What about the $20 30 days unlimited province wide talk plan, it has no text would it qualify for the credit? Thanks.

Edit: nvm, I activated the province wide talk-only plan in Walmart on Jun 9th. So I won't qualify for the $20 credit from the Walmart deal but I would be eligible for the 1-month free which is the same amount anyway.

Sorry, that was not elligible. Talk/text plans, not talk/text/data plans.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nico_ yes no credit for data plan

closng

@nico_ wrote:

$35 per 30 Days.

In my payment history, it says 30-day pass/Passe de 30 jours and 1GB at 3G Speed/ 1Go à la vitesse 3G.

Is that one not eligible? 

Unfortunatelly, only the talk+text plans were eligible to receive the $20 credit.

nico_

$35 per 30 Days.

In my payment history, it says 30-day pass/Passe de 30 jours and 1GB at 3G Speed/ 1Go à la vitesse 3G.

Is that one not eligible? 

closng

@nico_ wrote:

Hello community,

I recently bought a new SIM-card with a 30-day-plan at a Walmart location, however, I never received the 20$ account credit mentioned below. The SIM card was bought on May 12, 2018 and was activated straight away. Everything else worked just fine, just the 20$ never made it to my account. Plan is running out tomorrow and I'd rather use the credit I was opting for than paying again. What can I do?

Thanks!

Quote:

"Hey Community,

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! This offer is available to new customers only until June 30, 2018.

How to Get this Offer:
$20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location from now until June 30, 2018, you will get a $20 account credit!
Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.

$0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)"

Hi @nico_,

As @MacMe asked, which plan did you sign up for? Per the above terms of the promotion you quoted, the $20 credit promo is only valid for talk+text plans, not for talk+text+data plans. If you did sign up for a tax+text plan and did not receive the $20 credit, I would send a message to the Moderators.

Click on the following link to send a message to the Moderators for assistance, be sure to include a detailed explanation of your issue, account number, phone number, 4 digit PIN, and account email address:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

meocon

@nico_ if you signed up for Talk+TEXT plan, you should get $20 bill credit.

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate that maybe system get error.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

MacMe

Which plan did you sign up for?

Need Help? Let's chat.