Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Public Mobile SMS Notifications

Thank you. These are helpful

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

very helpful! Thank you.

The notifications while helpful should be sent out on a monthly basis perhaps for tips and tricks. while a notification for balance under $5 would be nice to have.

@RohanRon_ON wrote:

The notifications while helpful should be sent out on a monthly basis perhaps for tips and tricks. while a notification for balance under $5 would be nice to have.

The notifications, while some would find helpful, I find to be an slight annoyance, with no apparent way to opt out. I actually block these text messages.

My opinion is that I really don't need a text message to remind me to top up every single month (I'm on Autopay), and also don't need to receive a text message that pretty much says "plan renewed, everything okay".  Besides, I'm ceratin if the plan did not renew okay, they'd send you a message saying that, never mind the fact that the service would stop working.  Public Mobile also sends separate text messages saying that rewards have been applied to your plan when I already know this.

Public Mobile also sends a CCTS reminder to all customers by text messages every few months.  Once again, this is redundant and customers to do not need to be told this on a regular basis.

So really, of all the text messages I've ever received from Public Mobile, the only useful one was the one to tell me that my number porting had completed.  Other than that, for me, they were all pointless.

Mayor / Maire

@RohanRon_ON wrote:

@RohanRon_ON no thanks.  Maybe by opt-in only?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm getting notifications for 75% usage well before actually getting to 75%.

At time of writing, I've used 263/500MB, and it warmed me at 257. 257/500=55%.

What I'm concerned about is being short-changed. Am I paying for 500 but only receiving 257/0.75 = ~370?

Mayor / Maire

@TRolfwrote:

I'm getting notifications for 75% usage well before actually getting to 75%.

At time of writing, I've used 263/500MB, and it warmed me at 257. 257/500=55%.

What I'm concerned about is being short-changed. Am I paying for 500 but only receiving 257/0.75 = ~370?

Sounds like a glitch.  I'd suggest you reach out to the moderator team.  Here's all the details:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:00pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
Additional Useful Information:
  • Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

If you have limited texts per month in your plan, do these system generated texts cut into your quota of texts allowed per month ..?

Mayor / Maire

@mogli wrote:

If you have limited texts per month in your plan, do these system generated texts cut into your quota of texts allowed per month ..?

@mogli only the outbound texts are metered on the $10/50/50 plan, so these texts do not count against the 50 texts.  All other plans are either unlimited texting (in either direction) or have no texting at all.  So the short answer to your questoin is:  no.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RohanRon_ON wrote:

The notifications, while some would find helpful, I find to be an slight annoyance, with no apparent way to opt out. I actually block these text messages.

My opinion is that I really don't need a text message to remind me to top up every single month (I'm on Autopay), and also don't need to receive a text message that pretty much says "plan renewed, everything okay".  Besides, I'm ceratin if the plan did not renew okay, they'd send you a message saying that, never mind the fact that the service would stop working.  Public Mobile also sends separate text messages saying that rewards have been applied to your plan when I already know this.

Public Mobile also sends a CCTS reminder to all customers by text messages every few months.  Once again, this is redundant and customers to do not need to be told this on a regular basis.

So really, of all the text messages I've ever received from Public Mobile, the only useful one was the one to tell me that my number porting had completed.  Other than that, for me, they were all pointless.

Although you find these text pointless, many find them helpful has it as been proven by post on here wondering why their data isn't working only to find out they reached their limit. Remember there are no overages in PM so some people need to be reminded that they are reaching their limit otherwise they would panic when their phone stopped working.