cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile SMS Notifications

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

From time to time you may see some text messages we’ve sent related to your Public Mobile account and services. These messages are designed to help you better manage your account, inform you of service updates, and keep you up to date on exclusive customer offers. These messages will be sent from either 611, or a 4 digit short code (example: 5073)

Below you will find some examples of text messages you may receive: 

Scenario Description

English

AutoPay cannot be processed:

*Time of price plan renewal if Auto Top up fails

Public Mobile here. Sorry, we weren't able to process you AutoPay renewal. Visit publicmobile.ca/selfserve to make a payment or update your information.

Payment reminder

SMS sent 1 day before Price plan renewal

Public Mobile here. Your payment is due tomorrow & there isn't enough money in your account to renew your plan. For more info visit publicmobile.ca/selfserve

Payment reminder

* SMS sent 3 day  charging Price plan fee

Public Mobile here. Just a heads up, your payment is due on (Billing Date). If you're on AutoPay or have already paid, please ignore this message.

Payment not received/Plan not renewed:

Public Mobile here. Sorry your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment. Make a payment at publicmobile.ca/selfserve.

Payment received/Plan renewed

Public Mobile here. Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been renewed for another 30 days. Now we can keep the conversation going.

Payment Voucher successfully applied to account:

Public Mobile here. Your payment has been successfully added to your account.

Credit Card Expiry notification

*Message sent 15 days and 7 days before cc Expiry

Public Mobile here. REMINDER: The credit card on your account expires at the end of this month. Visit PublicMobile.ca/SelfServe to update your card details

Reward successfully applied to account

Public Mobile here. You've earned Rewards and they've been added to your account. Get the details at publicmobile.ca/selfserve in the 'Payment History' tab

Received if someone tries to text you and you don’t subscribe to a text plan:

Sorry, your current plan does not include text messaging. To update your plan to include texting and for info about your account visit selfserve.publicmobile.ca

You have been sent a text but you need to have texting in your plan to receive it. Go to selfserve.publicmobile.ca for info about your account. Public Mobile

Received if you attempt to send a text outside of Canada and do not subscribe to an International Text Plan

Public Mobile here. Sorry, we do not offer text messaging outside of Canada at this time.

Warning Notification: 10 minutes remaining in international long distance Add-on:

Public Mobile here. You have 10 minutes left in your long distance add-on. Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options.

Warning Notification: 95% of data allotment has been used

Public Mobile here. You have used 95% of the data included in your service. Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options.

Warning Notification: 75% of data allotment has been used

Public Mobile here. You have used 75% of the data included in your service. Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options.

Warning Notification: all long distance Add-on minutes have been used

Public Mobile here. You have no more minutes left on your Long Distance Add-on. Get another Add-on by dialing *611.

Notification: PIN has been changed:

Your new PIN is ( New Pin).

23 REPLIES 23

@Alan_K @Brooke_C 

This info above is useful but needs updating with the newer $10- 50mins/50text plan and the $15 - 100 mins/unltd text plan.

For the $10 plan, you will also get notifications as follows:

- when there are only 10 mins left of regular minutes (regardless of any long distance add-on)

- when there are only 10 texts left

For the $15 plan, you will also get notification as follows:

- when there are only 10 mins left of regular minutes (regardless of any long distance add-on)

Alan1581
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not everyone feels like they don’t need the reminders , maybe a push of an acceptance to all mobile users on the network with the message “ reply yes to opt for future updates “ or reply no to opt out of future communication messages “ just a thought ?!

katiatall
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great and useful information - thank you.

@Moid_I wrote:

From time to time you may see some text messages we’ve sent related to your Public Mobile account and services. These messages are designed to help you better manage your account, inform you of service updates, and keep you up to date on exclusive customer offers. These messages will be sent from either 611, or a 4 digit short code (example: 5073)

Below you will find some examples of text messages you may receive: 

Scenario Description

English

AutoPay cannot be processed:

*Time of price plan renewal if Auto Top up fails

Public Mobile here. Sorry, we weren't able to process you AutoPay renewal. Visit publicmobile.ca/selfserve to make a payment or update your information.

Payment reminder

SMS sent 1 day before Price plan renewal

Public Mobile here. Your payment is due tomorrow & there isn't enough money in your account to renew your plan. For more info visit publicmobile.ca/selfserve

Payment reminder

* SMS sent 3 day  charging Price plan fee

Public Mobile here. Just a heads up, your payment is due on (Billing Date). If you're on AutoPay or have already paid, please ignore this message.

Payment not received/Plan not renewed:

Public Mobile here. Sorry your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment. Make a payment at publicmobile.ca/selfserve.

Payment received/Plan renewed

Public Mobile here. Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been renewed for another 30 days. Now we can keep the conversation going.

Payment Voucher successfully applied to account:

Public Mobile here. Your payment has been successfully added to your account.

Credit Card Expiry notification

*Message sent 15 days and 7 days before cc Expiry

Public Mobile here. REMINDER: The credit card on your account expires at the end of this month. Visit PublicMobile.ca/SelfServe to update your card details

Reward successfully applied to account

Public Mobile here. You've earned Rewards and they've been added to your account. Get the details at publicmobile.ca/selfserve in the 'Payment History' tab

Sorry, your current plan does not include text messaging. To update your plan to include texting and for info about your account visit selfserve.publicmobile.ca

You have been sent a text but you need to have texting in your plan to receive it. Go to selfserve.publicmobile.ca for info about your account. Public Mobile

Received if you attempt to send a text outside of Canada and do not subscribe to an International Text Plan

Public Mobile here. Sorry, we do not offer text messaging outside of Canada at this time.

Warning Notification: 10 minutes remaining in international long distance Add-on:

Public Mobile here. You have 10 minutes left in your long distance add-on. Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options.

Warning Notification: 95% of data allotment has been used

Public Mobile here. You have used 95% of the data included in your service. Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options.

Warning Notification: 75% of data allotment has been used

Public Mobile here. You have used 75% of the data included in your service. Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options.

Warning Notification: all long distance Add-on minutes have been used

Public Mobile here. You have no more minutes left on your Long Distance Add-on. Get another Add-on by dialing *611.

Notification: PIN has been changed:

Your new PIN is ( New Pin).

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RohanRon_ON wrote:

The notifications while helpful should be sent out on a monthly basis perhaps for tips and tricks. while a notification for balance under $5 would be nice to have.

The notifications, while some would find helpful, I find to be an slight annoyance, with no apparent way to opt out. I actually block these text messages.

My opinion is that I really don't need a text message to remind me to top up every single month (I'm on Autopay), and also don't need to receive a text message that pretty much says "plan renewed, everything okay".  Besides, I'm ceratin if the plan did not renew okay, they'd send you a message saying that, never mind the fact that the service would stop working.  Public Mobile also sends separate text messages saying that rewards have been applied to your plan when I already know this.

Public Mobile also sends a CCTS reminder to all customers by text messages every few months.  Once again, this is redundant and customers to do not need to be told this on a regular basis.

So really, of all the text messages I've ever received from Public Mobile, the only useful one was the one to tell me that my number porting had completed.  Other than that, for me, they were all pointless.

Although you find these text pointless, many find them helpful has it as been proven by post on here wondering why their data isn't working only to find out they reached their limit. Remember there are no overages in PM so some people need to be reminded that they are reaching their limit otherwise they would panic when their phone stopped working.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mogli wrote:

If you have limited texts per month in your plan, do these system generated texts cut into your quota of texts allowed per month ..?

@mogli only the outbound texts are metered on the $10/50/50 plan, so these texts do not count against the 50 texts.  All other plans are either unlimited texting (in either direction) or have no texting at all.  So the short answer to your questoin is:  no.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mogli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you have limited texts per month in your plan, do these system generated texts cut into your quota of texts allowed per month ..?

srlawren

@TRolfwrote:

I'm getting notifications for 75% usage well before actually getting to 75%.

At time of writing, I've used 263/500MB, and it warmed me at 257. 257/500=55%.

What I'm concerned about is being short-changed. Am I paying for 500 but only receiving 257/0.75 = ~370?

Sounds like a glitch.  I'd suggest you reach out to the moderator team.  Here's all the details:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:00pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
Additional Useful Information:
  • Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

TRolf

I'm getting notifications for 75% usage well before actually getting to 75%.

At time of writing, I've used 263/500MB, and it warmed me at 257. 257/500=55%.

What I'm concerned about is being short-changed. Am I paying for 500 but only receiving 257/0.75 = ~370?

srlawren

@RohanRon_ON wrote:

The notifications while helpful should be sent out on a monthly basis perhaps for tips and tricks. while a notification for balance under $5 would be nice to have.

@RohanRon_ON no thanks.  Maybe by opt-in only?

@RohanRon_ON wrote:

The notifications, while some would find helpful, I find to be an slight annoyance, with no apparent way to opt out. I actually block these text messages.

My opinion is that I really don't need a text message to remind me to top up every single month (I'm on Autopay), and also don't need to receive a text message that pretty much says "plan renewed, everything okay".  Besides, I'm ceratin if the plan did not renew okay, they'd send you a message saying that, never mind the fact that the service would stop working.  Public Mobile also sends separate text messages saying that rewards have been applied to your plan when I already know this.

Public Mobile also sends a CCTS reminder to all customers by text messages every few months.  Once again, this is redundant and customers to do not need to be told this on a regular basis.

So really, of all the text messages I've ever received from Public Mobile, the only useful one was the one to tell me that my number porting had completed.  Other than that, for me, they were all pointless.

RohanRon_ON

Alissa

very helpful! Thank you.

casperr

Thank you. These are helpful

summamo

@hlzhang I'm sure you already know the answer but you do not need to subscribe as it does it automatically for you.  🙂

nhanken
I think that if we're registered for Auto Pay, there should be a way for the system to know and not send us a reminder to pay our bills when they're due.

piggykiller

you will receive the notification from 100 too.

Torkylady

Anyway that we can get the

"Sorry, we do not offer text messaging outside of Canada at this time"

to stop being sent? 

It has happened 8 times in the last month.  No text messages I have ever sent are out of Canada

Thanks

terrilin

@hlzhang I think it's automatic. I have received some texts from PM about voicemail reset/setting before. It's awesome that there are some texts about data usage reminder!

hlzhang

These are very helpful. It sends out automatically? or we need to subscribe?

yann

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Now that info is very helpful. Thanks @Moid_I

Need Help? Let's chat.