cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompt to purchase long distance add-on even for local dialing

Silveray
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a call interrupted with a voice message stating that my plan doesn't support long distance, and I should purchase an add-on.  Now when I attempt to dial both local and long distance numbers, the prompt comes on saying that the call cannot be completed as my plan doesn't cover long distance, and I need to purchase a long distance add-on.  I checked my account and usage, and it appears that I'm well within the limits of my Canada-wise calling, etc., and my account has money in it.  I need this problem to be corrected quickly.

10 REPLIES 10

Silveray

Thanks for all the help from people in the community.  I learned several pieces of information that were very useful.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Silveray,

The fact that your call was interrupted with the same message you are getting now
leads me to believe that you are on a limited calling plan and have used up all your calling minutes.

You can buy Calling Add-Ons for additional talk time

=> $5 for 500 Canada Long Distance minutes (1 cent per minute).
=> $8 for 200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes (4 cents per minute).
=> $15 for 400 International Long Distance minutes (3.73 cents per minute).

These Add-Ons do not expire as long as you have an active plan. Unused minutes roll-over to the next cycle.

Note that calls to check your voicemail count towards your calling time.
As with most prepaid services, calls are rounded up by the minute. Also the timer starts right after you dial.

TIP: Check your voicemail messages from another device. It's free to do so.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Silveray  you said you are within your limits. What does this mean? Does the 50 minute addon show in the addons section?

As mentioned above I would assume you are out of minutes. I would buy the 500 minute Canada calling addon for 5$, and see if it solves the issue. Else you will be waiting 24-48 hours for what will be a similar reply. 

@Silveray wrote:

Thanks for the prompt response.  My calling plan gives me 50 minutes of Canada-wide calling.  When I dial *611 I get a menu offering information on my account (balance, etc.) and options (purchase add-ons, etc.).

@Silveray  When you login via selfserve do you see avaialble minutes on the landing page? If not, then your minutes are used up. You can purchase a 500 minute add-on for $5.00.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Silveray wrote:

Thanks for the prompt response.  My calling plan gives me 50 minutes of Canada-wide calling.  When I dial *611 I get a menu offering information on my account (balance, etc.) and options (purchase add-ons, etc.).

So yes you're on the $10 plan. When you finish all your limited minutes, it just stops. Makes sense don't you think?

Silveray

Thanks for the prompt response.  I'll try to contact a moderator.

Silveray

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Silveray wrote:

I had a call interrupted with a voice message stating that my plan doesn't support long distance, and I should purchase an add-on.  Now when I attempt to dial both local and long distance numbers, the prompt comes on saying that the call cannot be completed as my plan doesn't cover long distance, and I need to purchase a long distance add-on.  I checked my account and usage, and it appears that I'm well within the limits of my Canada-wise calling, etc., and my account has money in it.  I need this problem to be corrected quickly.

If you're on the $10 or $15 plans then you've likely used all the minutes. If you don't have any calling add-on then the call will just drop. Either in or out for the $10 plan or out for the $15 plan.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Silveray wrote:

@SilverayAre you on a limited calling plan? When you dial 611 from your phone what happens?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@SilverayYou will need to contact the Moderator to fix the issue.. however a heads up is it can take up to 48 hours for the Moderator to respond to your initial request. I am pretty sure it is not "quickly" but it is what it is.

Need Help? Let's chat.