cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems porting

Mcveywes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated a new SIM, created a new account, and completed the form to port my old number from Rogers/7-11 Speak out.  Since then, I’ve been able to make calls, send/receive text messages, and make calls, but any incoming calls go straight to voice mail.

I also received the following text from Public Mobile but there is no link on their site as described: “To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. You'll need to provide the correct Password or PIN from your previous service provider. Thanks.”

Any help would be much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Brooke_C wonderful, thanks for following up!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @srlawren

We have this on our radar and are looking to make an update to the content of the text message ASAP. Once I have an idea on dates, I will let you know. Appreciate you bringing my attention to this Smiley Happy

Brooke 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mcveywes wrote:

I also received the following text from Public Mobile but there is no link on their site as described: “To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. You'll need to provide the correct Password or PIN from your previous service provider. Thanks.”

@computergeek541 wrote:

The instructions given in that Public Mobile text message are out-of-date.  To contact Public Mobile, you must send a private message to the moderator team from within this community website.  Any other method will not work.

Nice catch, @computergeek541!

@CS_Agent @Brooke_C I'm not sure if you're aware of this disconnect or not, but it looks like the automated text being sent when a port fails needs to be updated to reflect the current process for getting help in that situation, as @computergeek541 notes above.  Can you please investigate?

cc the oracles FYI:  @Luddite @will13am @imm1304 @ShawnC13 @NDesai @Rockdaddy22

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

The instructions given in that Public Mobile text message are out-of-date.  To contact Public Mobile, you must send a private message to the moderator team from within this community website.  Any other method will not work.

As for the contents of the text message, Public Mobile is flat-out letting you know that something went wrong, and that the number transfer was rejected by Speakout because of incorrect or incomplete information submited.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Mcveywes

Try restarting your device.

And you must of course login to your PM Self-Serve account to confirm your service is Active, confirm that you have an active PM SIM card installed, the you've selected "Automatic" or "Public Mobile" as your operator, and that your APN settings are properly configured.  (You may need to restart your device anyways before changes to these settings take effect.)

A Mobile Number Port (MNP) usually takes less than 20 minutes in Canada.  But because of PM's support model the Moderator Team can sometimes take several hours to get around to it on their support queue, and this can even span a day or two if much two-way communication is needed.  You can contact PM support here and flag their attention to this thread with @CS_Agent.

MNP is usually a straightforward process, but it can be botched by minor details (like the customer information or phone number isn't exactly identical on the new and old records, etc) which will require mod intervention to fix.  My understanding is that an incomplete MNP holds the number in limbo for about 10 days and once initiated it must be completed in this timeframe ... afterwards the number is deallocated and basically lost forever.

Mcveywes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Message sent.  Thanks for the quick reply, and the link to connect to a moderator.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mcveywes It’s always better to continue using your old mobile carrier until it stop working, then you know that porting has completed. Swap SIM cards and enjoy your new service
You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number, and PIN.
Good luck!

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

Need Help? Let's chat.