cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems porting w public mobile. Told I need a moderator...

Willije9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ported my number to public mobile 5+ months ago  in Nov 2018.

Had problems registering after many attempts for the PM self service, so did not complete. 

5 months today, i visited  WOW kiosk and could not top up my number so they suggested that I port no to another carrier, chatr. Got msg saying that my no could not be transferred as my no was not active. Desperately want my no. back as I've had it for over 12 years. This is also the case for my spouse. What to do?

2 REPLIES 2

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Willije9, sorry to hear that you are struggling with using this service.  I am not sure what method of top up you are using.  There are enough options that you should be able to find one that works for you.  In any event, Wow is correct that you cannot port out your number on an account that is inactive.  At this point you have a choice of either topping up this service and staying or topping up and porting out to Chatr.  If you tell us what top up methods you have been using previously, we can provide strategies to ensure that it continues to work for you on this service. 

Apart from moving out of frustration, what is attracting you over to Chatr.  From a pricing perspective, this service is top notch. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Willije9  a écrit :

Ported my number to public mobile 5+ months ago  in Nov 2018.

Had problems registering after many attempts for the PM self service, so did not complete. 

5 months today, i visited  WOW kiosk and could not top up my number so they suggested that I port no to another carrier, chatr. Got msg saying that my no could not be transferred as my no was not active. Desperately want my no. back as I've had it for over 12 years. This is also the case for my spouse. What to do?

If your phone number is inactive you can't ask to port it. That's right.

You can ask the moderator if they can do something for you here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 Waiting time up to 48 hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.