cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem receiving text message

j43han
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have been a public mobile user for almost 2 years. Always used the $15 plan. Never had a problem until this month. I have noticed that I haven't been receiving text messages for a couple of weeks. I can receive iMessages but cannot receive text messages. I can send both iMessages and text messages.

Agains, I just cannot receive text messages. I can send them. Tested with both of my friends with iPhone and google pixel phone. I have an iPhone 11 by the way.

I have turned off and replaced my sim card. Still not receiving text messages.

Please let me know if anyone has experienced and fixed this problem.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

1. In Settings, go to Messages and turn off iMessage. Then, in Settings, go to FaceTime and turn off FaceTime. Finally, reboot your device and enable the two options again.

If the above still does not solve it, then try:

2. Reset your network settings (Settings > General > Reset Network Settings)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@j43han wrote:

Hi,

I have been a public mobile user for almost 2 years. Always used the $15 plan. Never had a problem until this month. I have noticed that I haven't been receiving text messages for a couple of weeks. I can receive iMessages but cannot receive text messages. I can send both iMessages and text messages.

Agains, I just cannot receive text messages. I can send them. Tested with both of my friends with iPhone and google pixel phone. I have an iPhone 11 by the way.

I have turned off and replaced my sim card. Still not receiving text messages.

Please let me know if anyone has experienced and fixed this problem.

Thanks!

@j43han ,

• ensure you have the latest IOS installed.
  • SMS is enabled
  • you can try a network reset
  • Messages: Choose Messages > Preferences, then click Accounts. Select your iMessage account, then click Sign Out. Now sign in again with the same Apple ID you used on the Apple ID account page.
Need Help? Let's chat.