cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem porting # from PM

tiago-ayer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all!

Till yesterday (March 21st 2019) I was a PM user for more than 2 years so I decided to port my # to a different provider and that's when things went sideways.

Around noon PST the new provider requested my number to be ported over, pretty common task, and past 24 hours nothing have hapenned. Called the new provider and was told the issue is with PM so I tried private messaging the moderator and no success, at this point I don't even know if somewhere is checking those messages.

Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@tiago-ayer wrote:

Everything was fine, account active + account # + PIN all provided.

Issue is that I can't log back into the PM account, seems like once the number was ported they closed my account, which makes sense, but now the new provider says PM is holding the account for some reason and I can't get ahold of nobody to confirm the situation and then provide a solution or confirm that everything is fine on the PM side and issue is ocurring on the new provider side.

Thank to you all for the answers!

The account closes when the port of your phone number is completed. So if the PM account was closed then that means the port was done. If there is an issue then the new provider should be able to take resolve it/take care of it. 

You can try to send a PM to the moderators but I doubt they will be able to do anything. Who is the new provider?

You can send a message to the @CS_Agent by clicking on the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Good Luck!!

tiago-ayer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Everything was fine, account active + account # + PIN all provided.

Issue is that I can't log back into the PM account, seems like once the number was ported they closed my account, which makes sense, but now the new provider says PM is holding the account for some reason and I can't get ahold of nobody to confirm the situation and then provide a solution or confirm that everything is fine on the PM side and issue is ocurring on the new provider side.

Thank to you all for the answers!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tiago-ayer 

1.  Your PM account must be active before porting out your number.  Check your PM account status.

2.  Can you still dial out or send text messages from you PM SIM card?

3.  Did you provide the following PM account info to your new provider to port out?

a.  Your PM name on PM account

b.  Your phone number to be ported out

c.  Your PM account number

d.  Some provider requires your PM PIN

@tiago-ayer wrote:

Hi all!

Till yesterday (March 21st 2019) I was a PM user for more than 2 years so I decided to port my # to a different provider and that's when things went sideways.

Around noon PST the new provider requested my number to be ported over, pretty common task, and past 24 hours nothing have hapenned. Called the new provider and was told the issue is with PM so I tried private messaging the moderator and no success, at this point I don't even know if somewhere is checking those messages.

Thanks!

I realize that Public Mobile may very well be able to tell you what happened. However, the very number portability guidlilnes saying that customers are supposed to have the new carrier request the transfer.  As such, it it supposed to be them who do all the legwork for you, and even if it is an issue on the Public Mobile end, it is the new carrier who should be sorting this all out for you. 

Also, was the Public Mobile service still active when you requested the phone number to be ported out?  That part is required. 

The frist thing I would do is log into your Public Mobile self-serve account if it is still active and take note of your Public Mobile account number.    I would even take a screenshot/picture of that screen with the account number in case someone copies the account number down incorrectly. When you have the Public Mobile account number, contact your new carrier and have them try again.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@tiago-ayer wrote:

Hi all!

Thanks!

Did you provide the new service provider your PM account number, phone number and PIN? If not, then you can get the account number by accessing the selfserve portal. As for then PIN that was sent to you via SMS by PM when you signed up.

Need Help? Let's chat.