cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem porting a phone number from Speak out

Keeshond_guy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Absolute new guy here, my apologies if this is a dead simple question and I mssed the answer in the knowledgebase.

I have set up my PM account and filled out the information to port my existing number from my Speakout account.  The Speakout account is still active.  Shortly after filling everything out I received a text from PM saying "to complete your request to move to . . . "  Following he link I have gone to Publicmobile.ca but could not find the field to complete the SIm & Activation online form.  I thought I had already filled this out when I created the account.  I've looked in my account details but cannot see a field where I can complete or edit the information I entered for porting the number.  Could someone point me in the right direction?  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Keeshond_guy wrote:

Absolute new guy here, my apologies if this is a dead simple question and I mssed the answer in the knowledgebase.

I have set up my PM account and filled out the information to port my existing number from my Speakout account.  The Speakout account is still active.  Shortly after filling everything out I received a text from PM saying "to complete your request to move to . . . "  Following he link I have gone to Publicmobile.ca but could not find the field to complete the SIm & Activation online form.  I thought I had already filled this out when I created the account.  I've looked in my account details but cannot see a field where I can complete or edit the information I entered for porting the number.  Could someone point me in the right direction?  Thank you.

If "The Speakout account is still active" then means the porting does'nt finished yet, may need more time to be finished. While as you are waiting, do you set up self service account? If not yet, try it:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Keeshond_guy wrote:

Ports from SpeakOut can be trickier because SpeakOut doesn't have account numbers. For some people the phone number has worked as account number, I was instructed by the SpeakOut rep to use IMEI and PIN (confirm with them what they have in file!)

At this point, however, you need help from the moderators to resubmit the port request. Use the link provided by @RossN 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Keeshond_guy hi you must send your info to the moderators here

Need Help? Let's chat.