cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private messages/Community posts

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

What do you do when the private message you wish to send receives an authentication error because it is too long? Can you copy an paste it into a community post or? There are no personal information included so a public post to reach the recipient is not an issue.

11 REPLIES 11

@88cranston  Excellent idea ....if I know I have a lot to say. This will avoid my missing post issues.

This should have been the solution.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just sent you a test pm. Copy and paste from Wikipedia about Al Capone.  Is over 48 lines...is it not?

Often I compose a note to perfection in Apple notes and then copy and paste it. 

@mimmo wrote:

how long is your private message?

Wanted to award solution to both @mimmo  and @88cranston  but I had to chose the closest to my solution. I managed to "select all" and share it to my memo and then copy and paste to the private message. It cut off the last line but I'm happy enough to have gotten that far.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try to split a long message into two or three parts. Split a number of attachments into parts of message as well.

@Lemony_Snicket  As I'm sure you can guess...no really I've had almost 24 hours to reflect on my frustration yesterday. I have simply and very clearly laid out all the facts I have managed to gather from my own posts and others to support and in plain language prove my point to avoid the complete waste of time yesterday resulted in. I usually approach  an issue in this manner by having my research and points at the ready. I didnt think a missing reward was going to require a debate that requires the the information that the mods have access to that i do not. Its not fido...or so I thought. 

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

How about being a little more succinct.  You really do have a few axes to grind!  My guess it's not necessarily length but also size.  Did you attach large files?

So instead of" copy "what would be more effective" share" or "select all"? This where my lack of computer skill comes in...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

as @88cranston  said splitit up into two or maybe take a screenshot and attach it as an image? if you can you attacht files in Private messages  the save it as a pdf and attach?

@mimmo  @88cranston  Ok it's long...48 lines.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

how long is your private message?

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Send messages in part 1....part 2 etc. 

Need Help? Let's chat.