cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous Koodo customer wants her phone number changed back

payton11131
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was a Koodo customer that switched to Public Mobile.  I was given a new phone number.  I would like my old phone number back.  How do I do this?  

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LovesToPM wrote:

@payton11131  I see you already found a solution. That was quick Smiley Happy

I'm not so sure. They're saying something didn't work. But we don't have context for what.

@payton11131  I see you already found a solution. That was quick Smiley Happy

@payton11131 wrote:

this did not work

@payton11131 if you Koodo account is active meaning that if you insert your Koodo sim card in your phone or still works Thein contact the moderator and they will setup the transfer for you.

@payton11131 wrote:

this did not work

It would help if you click on the black "Quote" button, so people know who you are replying to.

payton11131

this did not work

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@payton11131 wrote:

I was a Koodo customer that switched to Public Mobile.  I was given a new phone number.  I would like my old phone number back.  How do I do this?  

Is your Koodo account still active? If not, you will have to contact koodo to reactivate it.

Once the Koodo account is active, you can port the number over to Public Mobile.

If your Koodo account has been more closed for than 90 days, I'm afraid the number is no longer available.

payton11131

i tried doing that and it did not work

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@payton11131 wrote:

@payton11131 In order to port your number from Koodo to PM your Koodo account needs to be active. If you were on a Koodo postpaid (monthy) plan then you just need to login into your selfserve account and choose the change phone number option. Fill in the account number, name on the Koodo account and the Koodo phone number and wait for the port to complete.

If your Koodo account was prepaid (30 days) then you need to contact PM and ask them to do the port for you.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can only port in an active account. I'd your Koodo account active?

If you were Koodo ptepsid you meed to send moderator_team a message with your porting details  name on account tel number bring ported and account number.

If regular Koodo login to self serve click plans and addons and select change number

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@payton11131Do you still have your koodo account active?

If so you can easily port your old Koodo number over under Plans & Add Ons

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.31.24 AM.png

If it is a Koodo prepaid you will then need to contact the moderators using this link.. if it is postpaid then it should be done automatically.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@payton11131 wrote:

Do you mean you wish to make your Public Mobile service use your old number?

Koodo prepaid needs moderator assistance.

Koodo postpaid can be transfered in yourself in the Change Number feature in your self-serve.

The Koodo account needs to be active.

Need Help? Let's chat.