cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility for change two numbers with each other?

Dreamliner
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have 2 services from Public mobile. The first one is provincial-wide with 90 days,12Gb (Oct-2016, 120$) and the second one is provincial-wide 90 days,  6Gb (120$). I prefer to use my second phone number in my new device with more data. So is it possible to exchange numbers with each other but keep the plans?

Both numbers are under my name, same address.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dreamliner

Thanks for marking my post as solution, but if you plan on following my suggestion for a swap, I would add these words of caution: Do not cancel the in-market plan before you port the number. That plan must be active for the port to work. Completion of porting will automatically cancel the in-market plan.  Be sure to allow a safety margin of time between porting and the expiration of the in-market plan, just in case the port becomes stuck for any reason and you require a moderator's help. You also don't want the plan to renew itself just as you're porting the number out -- that would be wasting a 90 day renewal payment.  Better to remove autopay and credit card info on that account just to be sure.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dreamliner

@NDesai is right. It's not possible to swap numbers between two plans while keeping both plans and both numbers intact. Variations of this request has been asked before and a moderator has said it couldn't be done: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Switching-number-between-2-accounts/m-p/14...

Having said that, I see that only one of your plans is a promo plan (90 day 12GB $120), while the other is a currently offered in-market plan (90 day 6GB $120). There is one way to achieve a swap IF: 1) You're willing to give up the phone number currently being used on the promo plan, 2) you're willing to wait until the expiration of the in-market plan, and 3) you're willing to pay for another new SIM. You would simply wait until the in-market 6GB plan is nearly expired (1 or 2 days before payment due date), and port the number from that over to the promo plan. That would keep your promo plan with the number from the other plan, while cancelling the other plan which was nearly done anyway. The previous number you were using on the promo plan would be lost, of course. Then, you'd use a new SIM to activate a fresh 6Gb $120 plan, with a new number from PM. This SIM you would order and have delivered well before any of this porting and activating, so there would be no gap in service on either plan.  Admittedly a fairly narrow set of conditions and an imperfect solution, but that would be the only way to keep three quarters of what you want (both plans, 1 out of 2 phone numbers).

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

No, not possible. If you port out from one account, it will deactivate that account right away. 

Need Help? Let's chat.