cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting phone number

Jj1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently bought a sim card for public mobile and decided to port my number. It has been 2 days and it still has not been ported. I was wondering how long this typically takes? 

4 REPLIES 4

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Jj1 sorry to hear about your troubles.

Are you trying to port in a cell phone number from another provider or a land-line number.

Porting in a cell phone number can take up to couple of hours.

Porting in a land-line number can take up to a few days sometimes.

If you are porting a cell phone number and still having issues you may want to send a private message to @CS_Agent team explain your issue and providing your account number and phone number and they may be able to help you.

Thanks

Audit13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Usually, porting is very quick as long as the information provided during the port process matches the information in the old carrier's database.

I have ported during activation and after activation.

You should send a pm to a moderator as the port may need to be completed through a manual process.

Put the public mobile sim into your phone. You will get a text to confirm that the port is stuck or successful.

TaylorJW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What previous provider are you attempting to transfer from? Also is your account still active with your previous provider?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

it usually take up tp 2 hours.  it is time to contact the mods.  

also does your old sim still work?  was it an active number

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread
- if its a porting issue include your sim number, old account name and account number

Need Help? Let's chat.