cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out of PM

Andy1000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi

I ported my number out of PM few days ago and everything went fine but I noticed that my account still open at PM selfserve is this normal?

10 REPLIES 10

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I just ported out from Bell last week. I was able to still login to my Bell account, but it indicated that I have cancelled my services with them. However, the Bell account was a post-paid plan, not a pre-paid plan like Public Mobile. As suggested above, just remove your credit card information and everything should be okay. They will not be able to charge you. 

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did the number port work ok?  i.e. is the phone number working with your new Rogers plan?  If yes, and you removed your credit card, there's nothing to worry about.  Probably just a system delay in removing the number from your PM account and closing it.

@Andy1000, not taking it the wrong way at all. Glad to hear it was something like that and not some issue with PM that wasn't resolved.  Keep stopping by you never know when another great deal will pop up and make it worth while to pay out that phone from Rogers.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Andy1000 wrote:

don't take the wrong way I love PM I still have a line active, but I needed a new phone and I got an offer from Rogers that comes with a free note 8 so I took it.

Nothing to take the wrong way. You did what was best for you that suited your needs.

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does your account still show your phone number attached, your old plan, etc..remove your credit card info that way they can't charge you.

Andy1000

don't take the wrong way I love PM I still have a line active, but I needed a new phone and I got an offer from Rogers that comes with a free note 8 so I took it.

@Andy1000, sorry to see you leave.  Can I ask what it was that made you leave?  Better plan, issue within PM??

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Andy1000

Thanks guys,

I removed my cc info and stoped auto pay before porting out,

My phone number still shows however there is no plan showing and ammount due is $0

I think everything is ok but I wanted to make sure.

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Andy1000

I concur with @ShawnC13, just remove your CC info and you're at least covered from any charges.  Does your account still show your phone number attached, your old plan, etc...  or are you logging in but seeing nothing?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Andy1000, I would login and remove any credit card information and make sure autopay is turned off.  How long ago I am not sure if the account stays open for a few days or not but if you removed your credit card info that way they can't charge you.

Need Help? Let's chat.