cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out and keeping account

9R3W4L
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there any way to port out the phone number and yet keeping the account with another number.

To simplify the question. I want to keep my number and port to freedom mobile. and I have accumulated a few rewards. And my wife who is with telus will take over my account, in her case phone number is not important, and save on plan $ using my rewards that I have accumulated over the time.

3 REPLIES 3

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@9R3W4L 

It is not possible to keep the account after port out.   

If you are thinking to open another PM account and ask PM to switch the numbers between your old and new account, don't think and ask PM.  It will not work.  As soon as your old number leave your account to the new account, your old account will be closed.

If you want to keep the old PM account, let your wife to use your PM account and number.  You get another number at Freedom or port your wife number to Freedom.                                  

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@9R3W4L if the number is ported out, the account will be gone.

@9R3W4L wrote:

Is there any way to port out the phone number and yet keeping the account with another number.

To simplify the question. I want to keep my number and port to freedom mobile. and I have accumulated a few rewards. And my wife who is with telus will take over my account, in her case phone number is not important, and save on plan $ using my rewards that I have accumulated over the time.

Sorry, but no. Porting out permanently closes your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.