cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Porting one number from multi-line account

My better half is on a contract with Fido untile next March when she will move to PM.  She was the main contact and got a couple of calls from them as well but recommended they call me.  She also gets occasional call about great offers and new plans but none of them are matched to her usage and all of them would cost her more than she is paying now.

Woohoo the evil overlord fido is losing its icy grip.  Escape run away! You're free! There is safety in the community.....

Fido - absolutely no loyalty after years of service. In the early days, they had Fido Dollars which were actually useful but they're long gone.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jimbobs wrote:

Fido - absolutely no loyalty after years of service. In the early days, they had Fido Dollars which were actually useful but they're long gone.

They have retention department but they might only give something if you are about to cancel.

@jimbobs wrote:

My better half is on a contract with Fido untile next March when she will move to PM.  She was the main contact and got a couple of calls from them as well but recommended they call me.  She also gets occasional call about great offers and new plans but none of them are matched to her usage and all of them would cost her more than she is paying now.

@jimbobs  Your wife probably better self control with her data then my boyfriend but with six months left in his contract it was still cheaper to buy it out and switch to pm then stay with fido. After buyout were still saving $150 over six months with twice as much data and no bill shock!

And that's not counting top ups and overages....

@darlicious wrote:

@jimbobs wrote:

@jimbobs  Your wife probably better self control with her data then my boyfriend but with six months left in his contract it was still cheaper to buy it out and switch to pm then stay with fido. After buyout were still saving $150 over six months with twice as much data and no bill shock!

And that's not counting top ups and overages....

Funny you say that but she was just telling me that she never comes close to using her data allowance in a month.  This was during another recent power outage (in High Park area of Toronto) when our Internet went down after UPS died (2 hours into outage).