cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting mobile number

LucasB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm trying to activate my SIM card and to port over my old mobile number. I'm getting the message:

"We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

It's a Tbaytel number (a local provider on the Rogers network)

Does anyone know of any issues with porting numbers from that provider? Any tips or advice?

4 REPLIES 4

LucasB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you manage to get it transfered? If yes, how did you go about it?

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@LucasB Hi sometimes its better to take a temp number and complete your sign up then port over your number in the self serve after you see all is working properly good luck and welcome to Pm 

aascvd01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the same issue when attempting to transfer my Bell number 

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LucasB 

What you can do is activate your SIM card, get a temporary number and then put in the request to port your number over. Not all numbers are eligible for being ported.  

If you entered the phone number properly and still got the message that the number can not be ported, then it is likely that you can not port the number to public mobile. 

I would double check with a moderator to be sure. 

Here is the link to send a private message to a moderator, who will be able to assist you further. Please note that it takes aproximately 48 -72 hours (2-3 days) to get a response.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.