cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issues with Chatr

jessmok
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I ported my number from Chatr and it doesn't seem to have been successful.  I can make calls, send/receive texts and use data, but I am not getting incoming calls.  I guess the port wasn't fully completed/successful.  The main thing is, I don't know or can't find out what the chatr account number is...so I only provided PIN and number.  Can a Mod help?  I've sent private messages to 3 Mods, but no response...

@Jeremy_M @Shazia_K @Mary_M @Amanda_C @Saray_O

Thanks for any help!

18 REPLIES 18

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Awesome, thanks for the update 🙂
Welcome to the PM family 🙂

sagarM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That was quick! MarieHelene responded and solved my issue.

Everything working fine now!!!

Thanks to the Mods again.

Rockdaddy22
If you've already sent a message to a mod, than you've done the right thing. Please keep us updated here on your progress. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

sagarM

Hello

I tried to port my number from Chatr yesterday and still I cannot receive any incoming calls. The outgoing calls and data work fine. I used just the PIN to port from Chatr and realize that I need to get my Chatr account number as well, so I called them up and found out my account number. I have already PMed the Mods with all the info. Hope this is resolved soon.

sagarM

Hello

I tried to port my number from Chatr yesterday and I still cannot receive any incoming calls. The outgoing calls and data work fine. I used just the PIN to port from Chatr and realize that I need to get my Chatr account number as well, so I called them up and found out my account number. I have already PMed you all the info.

Your help in resolving this issue is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rockdaddy22
Any update here?

jessmok

I did the port on Sunday, but realized it was failed and got help today.  Can't confirm it's completed just yet...as I'm not home.  Will confirm when I get the chance.  If you need help, just ask a Mod.  They've been really friendly and helpful.  The best method seems to be using the tagging on a forum post like this: @Shazia_K to get their attention and help.  Mods are being swamped, so I don't blame them as they are understaffed!!

Good Luck!

QQ_Z
@jessmok when you did the port? You are lucky to get the problem solved.

I also ported from chatr. I am still waiting the response from the mod. Just want to estimate how long my problem will be solved.

Rockdaddy22
Great news, let us know how it goes 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @jessmok

Awesome! 

The port has been requested, please allow at least 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete. You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

jessmok

Thanks @Shazia_K, I've sent you a PM with account number.

🙂

Rockdaddy22
😉

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you @Rockdaddy22!!!!:D 

I will wait for @jessmok to report back with the account number ! 

Cheers, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Make sure you do that, the mods will definitely need it to help you.

jessmok

Thanks!  Did not know that.  I'll call chatr later to get the info.

The old chatr sim still works yes...

I've PMd mods, but I guess I'll have to call Chatr for account number info as well.

Thanks!

@Rockdaddy22  thanks I have learned my something new today!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rockdaddy22
Pin is automatic fail for chatr ports. You need to phone chatr and get the account number, a mod will need it to help you. Report back when you have it.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

When did you attempt the port?  Is your Chatr sim still working as if it is stuck mid port it could still be working and you could use that until this all gets straightened out.  I am not familiar with Chatr but is there no way for you to find the account number or is it a pay as you go service?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.