cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Speakout

tetrinh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported my number from speakout around 1 hour ago and got the message from PM saying that I have to complete the SIM & activcation form but I can't find where it is.

Could you please help me.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

DJLand
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Porting from speakout finally went through. It took about a dozen messages over severall days with the moderators, some of which was my fault. If you want to do it, the key point is that your speakout account number is your phone number PLUS the 4 digit PIN. At least that is what mine was. 

tetrinh

The porting was completely.

Thank you all for your help. 

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@tetrinh : I also want to point out that you could tag the @CS_Agent to the thread in addition to sending the private message.  

@tetrinh wrote:

Hi there,

I just contacted Speakout and had the new PIN and sent it to the Moderator_Team through private message.

Could you please a look at it.

Thanks

@tetrinhIf you sent the Moderator_Team a private message with the requested info you just have to wait and they will respond back to you via a private message. Once they do a red dot will appear on top of the envelope icon on this page. Just click on it then click on the subject line and reply if necessary.

Good Luck.

tetrinh

Hi there,

I just contacted Speakout and had the new PIN and sent it to the Moderator_Team through private message.

Could you please a look at it.

Thanks

@tetrinh wrote:

I ported my number from speakout around 1 hour ago and got the message from PM saying that I have to complete the SIM & activcation form but I can't find where it is.

Thanks

As @will13am was saying, the activation site is of no use because you have already activated your service.

That message is a generic text message that Public sends out whenever a number porting request has failed/has been rejected.  That text message contains incorrect informatin as there is no such contact us sim activation form.

You'll want to make sure that you have the proper IMEI and account PIN from your Speakout Wireless account.  If in doubt, contact Speakout about this.

After confirming your Speakout Wireless account information, the only way to get this porting issue fixed is to send a private message to Moderator_Team, which can be done by clicking on this link that was also mentioned earlier: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@tetrinh wrote:

Thanks  kelvarnsen

But when I go there it ask me to register again  

@tetrinh  Click here to contact Public Mobile and provide the correct info either PIN or IMEI. 

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@tetrinh wrote:

Thanks

Speak out ports usually fail because of not having a proper Account Number, Chances are your failed too.  With speak out I highly recommend using the last IMEI number that was Active on the Speak out network 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tetrinh, number ports can take some time to complete.  I suggest allowing a couple of hours at least.  Do not attempt a second activation.  You should be able to login to your self serve account and do any account changes from there. 

tetrinh

@hycm53 wrote:

@tetrinh wrote:

Thanks

Did see Public Mobile show up on your phone? Login your self service account, if your account is activated, then it is completely.  

Well come to PM.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, PM show up on my phone and when I used that phone to call my home phone the ported speakout number display but I couldn't call back my cell phone. 

tetrinh

Thanks  kelvarnsen

But when I go there it ask me to register again  

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@tetrinh wrote:

Thanks

Did see Public Mobile show up on your phone? Login your self service account, if your account is activated, then it is completely.  

Well come to PM.

tetrinh

Thanks, I'll try. 

Need Help? Let's chat.