cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Speakout 7 eleven for almost 3 weeks still not done yet ...

lixf8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sending email to support@@publicmobile.ca and post SIM & Activation online form couple times, latest email and online form sent a week ago but did not get any reply. Is there any efficient way to communicate with Public Mobile Customer Support and check the progress on my phone number porting? Looks like they forgot my case and I could not check the progress. Is there someone have the similar experience ?

20 REPLIES 20

@chigai0803 wrote:

I am having the same problem for my wifey from Seven Eleven. Can you please help?

Go in Public Mobile account and use phone number change option. Use option to transfer number for other provider.  Fill in phone number, name of customer that Speakout has registered (account owner), and IMEI+account PIN on record with Speakout.  Transfer might take a few hours.

@chigai0803 

You might want to provide more details to your issue.  You also might want to start your own topic/thread.  

chigai0803
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same problem for my wifey from Seven Eleven. Can you please help?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lixf8,

Happy to hear that your port request is finally sorted.  This unfortunately turned into a complicated issue because of the confusion about your IMEI number.  

Anyways, hope you enjoy the PM service as much as we do. You are an expert now on getting help via the community so feel free to chime in when you like.  

Rockdaddy22
I'm glad you're a satisfied customer 🙂

lixf8

Great, It is working now, thanks a lot. Community is most efficient way for sure.

Rockdaddy22
Any update here, hopefully all is well now.

lixf8

Yes, just sent to you by private message.

Thanks.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@lixf8

Can you please send me the phone number in private message? can't seem to locate it. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

lixf8

Hi, 

I still did not get any text message indicating my porting sucessful. And after I reboot my phone, I still get the same issue. Please help to check the progress.

Thanks a lot.

Xiaofeng Li

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @lixf8

I'm very sorry to hear about this, 

This all happened due to wrong info that was provided to us for the port. 

I have received your private message with the right IMEI number, the port has been requested. Please allow at least 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete.

You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone. If you are having the same issue after about 2 hours please reach back to me. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
That's terrible, hopefully you can get it all figured out. Good luck with everything

lixf8

I got customer support sent me email and tell me my porting info is wrong, and I have to call Speakout again, and found they gave me different IEMI number this time.

Rockdaddy22
Was @Mary_M not able to help you?

lixf8
Call speak out again on Aug 18, this time got different IEMI number, I am so confusion, this IEMI number is belong to my last phone with Speak out SIM card, not the original speak out phone. I have to send email to public mobile customer support as well as online form on Aug 18, hope I would get some kind of response in couple days.

lixf8

Thanks for your help, I sent my porting information through private message.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @lixf8

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry about the delay in  email response, but don't worry - we can help you 🙂

Please send me (or Shazia_K) the number you ported as well as the account number associated. 

We will have a look at the status and take the necessary steps to complete the port for you.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

imm1304

I am sorry I should have specified in my previous post, you must never post personal info on this very public forum.

All personal communication should be done via private message to the moderators' inbox.  Please edit your post to remove your info asap.  

lixf8

Thanks, it is very quick respone in Community!  

imm1304

Hi @lixf8!

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  It should never take that long to port any Canadian mobile number. Its safe to say that your port request failed by now.  Can you please verify that your speakout line is active and re-submit your port request today?    

You are finally at the most efficient point of contact with PM right now 🙂

I will alert our most helpful and efficient moderators @Mary_M and @Shazia_K to step in and help you with this today.  Please get your Speakout account number, phone number, PIN ready and provide to either of the 2 who responds here shortly.  

Need Help? Let's chat.