cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Koodo, simply says not eligible

ramathorn11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an active plan with Koodo with a number I want to port to my newly registered and activated Public account with a temporary number.

When I try to do this myself I get:

"

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance."

Despite all of the advice shared here, this doesn't appear to actually work for me.  Ive contacted Koodo and all they said is that Public has to take care of this.

I believe I need a moderator or admin to assist me.  No idea how to even start in getting that to happen.

I'm contemplating if I have made a mistake trying to switch to this service.

17 REPLIES 17

alexdang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife has switched from Koodo to PM last week with some simple steps by herself and It worked perfectly. Great Public Mobile

ramathorn11

Yes things are fixed now after a moderator intervened and supported me.  I'm happy now!  🙂

It usually takes 48 - 72 hours for a mderator response depending on workload.

@ramathorn11 hi it usually takes between 2 to 48 hours how long you been waiting?

ramathorn11

I haven't received anything from the mods yet.  How long does this take usually?

@ramathorn11 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  I have private messaged the mods.  I really wish from a user interface stand out the self serve system was able to provide more useful error messages 

We do too. Most people are not going to read through this whole article to find that "fine" print describing porting from Koodo. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ramathorn11 wrote:

Well I have phoned Koodo 3 times and talked to reps in person at kiosks.  They assure me PM has to do this. I am completely lost at this point.

@ramathorn11  Because Koodo and Public Mobile share the same backed system your port needs to be done by Public Mobile by sending a message with the Koodo account number, name on account and Koodo number to the moderator team. If you are currently activating your PM sim just pick a temp PM number and message the moderator after completing the activation. Do not close out your Koodo account as it must remain active for the port to complete.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

In the meantime just continue to use your Kood soim until it stops working. Once this is done just insert your PM and you should be good to go.

ramathorn11

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  I have private messaged the mods.  I really wish from a user interface stand out the self serve system was able to provide more useful error messages 

Tfarrelly

It’s not a port request.   It’s a number migration as Koodo and Public are all the same company.  Mod will help.  

@ramathorn11  yes pm has to port it.  Just send them a message with your account information and your old account number and phone number you wish to port to public mobile!  

@ramathorn11 wrote:

It's prepaid.  So how do I have a moderator help me? 

Send a message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hold on, someone will post a link to click on to send the moderator team a private message! I haven't figured out how to add a link yet

ramathorn11

Well I have phoned Koodo 3 times and talked to reps in person at kiosks.  They assure me PM has to do this. I am completely lost at this point.

@ramathorn11 they will need your koodo account number,name on account and phone number you are porting click  here 

ramathorn11

It's prepaid.  So how do I have a moderator help me? 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ramathorn11 hi it is a common issue with koodo prepaid it is on their end not PM

GR
Mayor / Maire

Is it a Koodo prepaid you have? If so them you must port with the moderators help. If it's postpaid you should be able to port it through your self serve account 

Need Help? Let's chat.