cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting cell number from Bell

coffee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm having problems porting my Bell number - After reading various posts I understood that the number to be ported needs to be active so I followed the advise and topped up to re-activated my Bell account. However even after I re activated my Bell account the number still doesn't port. What am I doing wrong?

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@coffee wrote:

They didn't care because you didn't leave them you just switched to one of their sub providers.  Telus is the parent company over PM and Koodo.

Um..yes I know...thus the last sentence in my post you quoted in your post.

coffee

They didn't care because you didn't leave them you just switched to one of their sub providers.  Telus is the parent company over PM and Koodo.

coffee

That was nice of Bell. I asked about things with Telus having been there for many years and they couldn't do much of anything. So I was looking at Koodo and then discovered Public Mobile and left Telus. They didn't seem to care. Of course, I'm still with them here 🙂

Milk

I think it largely depends on the rep you speak to. 

@Anonymous wrote:

That was nice of Bell. I asked about things with Telus having been there for many years and they couldn't do much of anything. So I was looking at Koodo and then discovered Public Mobile and left Telus. They didn't seem to care. Of course, I'm still with them here 🙂

I had the exact same experience with Telus...and here I am! Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@coffee wrote:

Thank you but have decided to keep my Bell account active as well as my PM account. All this worked out good for me because when I called Bell to inquire on how to port my number over to PM, they (because they love me - ha ha ) added for free 100mb data each month to my account. So now now $13.50 + tax/ month Bell plan includes unlimited texting, 200 loyalty minutes and 100mb data. It's a bit sad that the only way most companies give their long term customers a deal is when they threated to leave them.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Glad you are happy with the outcome of your plan @coffee

Sometimes their retentions department can only offer so much before switching becomes the only viable option.

That seems like a good plan if it fits your needs.

coffee

Thank you but have decided to keep my Bell account active as well as my PM account. All this worked out good for me because when I called Bell to inquire on how to port my number over to PM, they (because they love me - ha ha ) added for free 100mb data each month to my account. So now now $13.50 + tax/ month Bell plan includes unlimited texting, 200 loyalty minutes and 100mb data. It's a bit sad that the only way most companies give their long term customers a deal is when they threated to leave them.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@coffee  some further details are needed.  what have you done exatly?  ie did  you port your number in self serve and get a success message? if nolt at what point did it fail?

what number is displayed when you call out?

how long has it been

does your bell sim currently work?  

if you do have a stuck port then you will need to get mod help.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@coffee

1.  Did you check your Bell SIM card working after re-activated your Bell account?

If yes, is you old Bell SIM card is still working after the port?

2.  Did you supply the following info for porting your Bell number

- Bell Account number

- Phone number to be ported

- Bell account PIN

Zz

i dont know. you do have a couple options here. one is to just change numbers, and the other is to investigate by calling the bell support team and asking them. i personally know the number has to be ported while the account is still active. if the account has been topped up, and you ported at that time which youre saying you did do, i have no reasonable answer as to why it didnt port other than you just didnt do it properly possibly.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can port your Bell # to PM at selfserve ,make sure your Bell account # and your name match exactly and the rest leave it blank and you good to go

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you sure that your Bell account was reactivated successfully?

What stage of the porting process are you running into trouble at?

Go to "change your number" in self serve and choose transfer.  Let us know where things are going wrong so we can help you out.

Need Help? Let's chat.