cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a phone number

JohnF2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been waiting for a response on a port from Koodo since noon yesterday?  Anyway to escalate?

8 REPLIES 8

Yes there are lots of comments on here about Koodo Prepaid Plans porting to PM being handled very different from almost everything else. It needs to be done manually with moderators help. AFAIK PM moderators work M-F only.

Terry

JohnF2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Porting from a Prepaid.  Sent in the message  Hopefully get a response back

@NW1 wrote:

It can take from a few hours to a business day to port a phone number according to whistleout. If it hasn't gone thru by the end of the day you could try reaching out to koodo.

Why reach out to Koodo?  It's not their problem. Customer needs to contact Public.

@JohnF2 

If Koodo post paid account, the port should be almost instaneous if done correctly.  If waiting for more than several hours, something went wrong with port.  Same company, Koodo and PM.  

Hopefully, you have already contacted moderator as described above.  Your Koodo SIM card should still be working.  You can continue to use until the port is completed. 

leon119
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@RossN wrote:

@JohnF2  Hi was your koodo number on a pre paid or post paid plan pre paid are usually up to week  post paid can be up to 2 days but usually alot faster in the meantime you can use your old sim until it stops working  if you need moderator assistance click here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

Really need to wait that long ?

I transferred two numbers , one from Kodoo, one from freedom. Both activated within one minute, almost instant.

I think the transfer is automatic by the system, not manually.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JohnF2 wrote:

I have been waiting for a response on a port from Koodo since noon yesterday?  Anyway to escalate?

Are you porting a Koodo prepaid number to PM?

If prepaid, did you sent a private message to moderator yesterday?

Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

If postpaid, you can use the self serve portal to port your Koodo postpaid number.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@JohnF2  Hi was your koodo number on a pre paid or post paid plan pre paid are usually up to week  post paid can be up to 2 days but usually alot faster in the meantime you can use your old sim until it stops working  if you need moderator assistance click here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

NW1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It can take from a few hours to a business day to port a phone number according to whistleout. If it hasn't gone thru by the end of the day you could try reaching out to koodo.

Need Help? Let's chat.