cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number from Rogers (went smoothly!)

janakav
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Community!

I have ported from my previous carrier (Rogers) to PM with no hassle at all. Porting was very smooth and had no hiccups along the way. Below were the steps taken (briefly),

- activated the PM SIM

- created self-serve account

- selected "transfer your wireless number from another provider" option

- provided wireless number tranfer details (previous carrier account #, alternate phone number and authorization name)

- selected the add-ons for my plan

- provided payment information (signed up for AutoPay - go with this, you can save in the long run!!)

- that's it!!

Then inserted the PM SIM into the phone, turned it on. After a moment, there was a text message from PM confirming the account PIN. After like 30 mins or so, there was another text message welcoming to PM and confirming transfer request (Rogers -> PM) has been completed successfully.

I didn't have to do anything else to get voice, text or data working. All the services were up and running by 30 mins or so!!

Never thought porting a number from another carrier would be this easy! Glad to be a part of this great Communitiy! 

Regards,

JV

4 REPLIES 4

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congrats, good to see someone post a successful port. Usually is only the ones that have issues that post which make PM look bad cause all anyone see is port failures of issues with accounts

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

It's refreshing to see positive experiences in what looks like endless reports of issues with activation or port. (I'm sure that the vast majority of activations and ports are absolutely seemless like yours - we just don't hear about them...)

Thank you for sharing and welcome to the PM family!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for sharing your positive experience. We can always use more of these, as the vast majority of newcomers who post here are doing so because of issues, which skews the impression for potential customers who are reading the forum.

Welcome to the community and to Public Mobile. May you enjoy the service for a long time to come.  Smiley Happy

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcome to PM. Glad all went well. its nice to see teh success stories once in a while

Need Help? Let's chat.