Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Porting a number from PM to PM

Hi...

I'd like to do similar.

I have PM account A since 2016 and would like to move to PM account B (just opened).

I would like to keep PM account A plan open with no changes and either swap in existing number from PM account B to it or asssign a new number to PM account A.

I will be keeping both accounts open just don't want to mess up their plans or anything.

Can a moderator help me? I have PIN and logins for both accounts.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Chriscafe wrote:

Hi...

I'd like to do similar.

I have PM account A since 2016 and would like to move to PM account B (just opened).

I would like to keep PM account A plan open with no changes and either swap in existing number from PM account B to it or asssign a new number to PM account A.

I will be keeping both accounts open just don't want to mess up their plans or anything.

A moderator replying to this older thread has said that is not possible. Keeping one of the accounts with a preferred number yes. But not keeping both. Apparently not technically possible.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Chriscafe:

Good new!

For one of your planned change this is possible. But only for the second one (i.e. to assign a new phone number on the existing - older - A account).

Keep in mind, please: the only change that technically isn't possible is to exchange phone numbers between two existing accounts.

Highlighted
Oracle

@Chriscafe wrote:

Hi...

I'd like to do similar.

@Chriscafe, you are not able to move number from account B to A but you can just go in to your self serve and select change number on Account A to get a new number no need for Moderator assistance that way.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@z10user4 wrote:

Regardless though...

Send ONE (1) private message to them...

@z10user4 unfortunately, all this will do is take up moderator time to say no. I'd suggest not recommending contacting them for number swap, as we know what the outcome will be. 

EDIT: As Shazia_K put it herself about 13 months ago: 

"We won't be making this change anymore, if someone wants to port out their phone number because there is a better promotion out there then they are free to do it but it's not sustainable for us to apply this exception for every customer that wants this.  I'm sorry to come out this way, we try to accommodate our customers as much as we can, however, there are some things that we cannot do. "

Full posting can be found here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-Takeover-my-12-gb-3-month-120-3mth-p....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted

Difference here is i'm not porting a number out of PM.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chriscafe wrote:

Difference here is i'm not porting a number out of PM.

@Chriscafe it's not as much of a difference as you might think. You're welcome to try but I would be thoroughly surprised if you get anything other than a polite no in response.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted

thanks...not knowing anything about the backend of the systems - one would think doable - not like i'm going to another provider which i would think is far more work which does work.

And i'm even fine with a net new number on A1 once it's ported to A2.

Need Help? Let's chat.