cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Phone number after activation?

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So i am trying out public mobile today. Im going to buy a sim card today and activate it with a temporary number. after a few weeks if i like it is it possible to port my number over to replace the temporary number? I was looking at this announcement but i don't know if still applies to this date? 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-... 

4 REPLIES 4

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BearFBI 

You can still request a port just will take some time for it to be completed since you will request it through the MOD TEAM.

In order to process your porting request, you will need to create a ticket.

Follow the steps below:

To submit a ticket, start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon

• Click The "?" at the bottom right corner.
    This connects to the Autobot SImon.
  • Type "Moderator" and follow the prompts.

(CLICK on the " Account Specific Question " and afterwards click on "No, I want a human and you will see an "Submit a ticket Click me!)
           Type a message describing the problem

Make sure you  Give them your  Previous companies  Account number, Name on the account, and make sure the account is still active with them.

OR  

You can also >>>Click here<<< to connect with SImon and submit a ticket.

Please note: It may take 24-48 hours for them to get in touch with you.

Welcome to PM

Cheers

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ya im going to try it our for a couple of weeks i hope they do fix it. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI  yes it does and it is. There is no time limit on porting a number. Just make sure your Rogers account is active. And to follow the instructions in the link when porting.  Don't forget to use a referral code for a one time $10 activation credit. If you don't have one, ask someone here for theirs. And set up your self service account, when you get back home. Welcome to PM. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@BearFBI 

Public mobile has no announced when this issue will be fixed.  Hopefully, it will be fixed when you need to port over.  Keep track online.  If it has not fixed, you will need to contact moderator to help complete port.  

Need Help? Let's chat.