cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number

JustinBrown
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to port my old number from Bell to public mobile, everything seemed to be working properly until this morning but now i only can make outgoing calls. Somebody tried to call me from public mobile on my  landline but i wasnt home. i tried to just select a different number from my online public mobile account but it wont even let me select a new number now. Can someone help me with this I just want another numer now and my phone to work. 

5 REPLIES 5

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

I am in a simliar situation like you. Apparently it takes a few days for a landline number to get ported to a Public Mobile. Do contact the moderator team.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@JustinBrown wrote:

I tried to port my old number from Bell to public mobile, everything seemed to be working properly until this morning but now i only can make outgoing calls. Somebody tried to call me from public mobile on my  landline but i wasnt home. i tried to just select a different number from my online public mobile account but it wont even let me select a new number now. Can someone help me with this I just want another numer now and my phone to work. 

Send private message to Moderator_Team as in message from before this.  Send your Bell account number and account owner name.  The call was probably from Telus number porting department saying that request failed.  You should be able to still get calls incoming at Bell.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JustinBrown wrote:

@JustinBrown  Other customers are reporting that some ports are taking more the 24 hours to complete. My recommendation would be not to change your number while the port is in process. If you need to receive calls just use your Bell sim card in your phone until it stops working. Once it stops working that means the port is complete and you will be able to use your PM sim cards to receive calls.

If the port does not complete after 24 hours best to contact PM. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JustinBrown wrote:

Don't get a new number from PM unless you do not want your Bell number anymore.

Are you porting a Bell landline?

If yes, porting a landline number may take up to a week to complete.

If no, Is your Bell SIM is still working?

If yes, you should continue to use the Bell SM until it stop working. Then, start using your PM SIM card.

You can also send a private message to modertator for help.  But moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is an article about getting started.  Scroll down to choose my number about porting.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

Need Help? Let's chat.