cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Error

Maureen1972
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I activated a SIM card with public 3 days ago and my number still has not ported over.  I got a text from Public saying to go to the website and click "contact us" and fill out a form to activate my SIM.  I do not understand where to find this on the website.

How do I resolve a port error?  My bell account is still active, even though the number should have ported.

6 REPLIES 6

@Maureen1972 wrote:

It has already been 3 days now, and I still cannot recieve incoming calls.  I don't know how to check what is going on with the port.

@Maureen1972  For the port to complete Public Mobile needs additional information. Who is your previous provider? When contacting the moderator include all the info that you have from your previous provider like: Account Number, Account Name and Phone Number, PIN Number if you have it to expedite the process. Click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

@Maureen1972You have to contact the Moderator directly to figure out the problem. This forum's users are mostly regular users like you. We don't have access to your account particulars.. Just note it could take a few days for moderators to respond.. However in my experience they are usually pretty quick.

Maureen1972
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It has already been 3 days now, and I still cannot recieve incoming calls.  I don't know how to check what is going on with the port.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Maureen1972 

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should send a private message to moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

If you port from a mobile number, it may take up to 2 days to complete. You can continue to use your old SIM card until it stops working. Then, start using PM SIM card.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• If you don’t need to share personal or account information, just tag @Moderator_Team to your thread and they’ll show up. Just like that.
  • If you need to share personal or account info, send a private message to the Moderator Team by clicking the envelope icon, then ‘New Message’, and address your message to Moderator_Team.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Maureen1972Click on this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and contact the moderator. Explain your situation with your account info they will sort it out but expect up to 48 hours for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.