cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported out my number but...

combobreakerhd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello! I made a post a while back about my plan with PM being a little too high. So I ported my number out to another carrier which offered me a better plan. 

Btw, I'd happily come back to PM if their plans improved to match the competition.

Anyways, now that my number is ported out, I no longer seem to have access to my Self Serve. I've paid for this month up until the 15th, so I should still have access no? I need to access my acct so I can cancel the auto-pay. I do not want to get billed again on the 15th. 

Any help is appreciated! Thank you..

Edit: also, I have no idea what the temporary number assigned to my acct is. I didn't receive any emails from PM to notify me of that.

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @combobreakerhd 

Regrettably, once you port your number out, the account is closed and deactivated with Public Mobile.

This is true whether you had renewed 29 days prior, or even just 1 day prior.  Either way, anything paid is lost when porting out.

Although it is not explicitly stated, when on any pre-paid services, it's always best to arrange a port to another provider at least a few days prior to renewal and then MAKING SURE to remove any auto-pay particulars such that no further charges can be made.

If you are thinking of returning for any reason, you'll need a new SIM card to activate a new account.  The most recent plans with Canada-wide are still at the prices prior to mid-February so now's a good time to get in - the popular belief is they may increase on or shortly after mid-March.

@combobreakerhd wrote:

Ah okay thanks for the support!

I won't make a big deal about my line being closed entirely when I still have active credit, but that's not right.. 

But it's ok, y'all are a big help cheers!

@combobreakerhd ,

Being as Public Mobile is a prepaid service, if you paid for it you are not eligible for any prorated amount back if you port out during your cycle.

Sorry, even if you have Available Funds in your balance - that goes away too.

If you want to make sure your credit card info. removed contact the Moderators to ensure this is done with the link @computergeek541 provided.

combobreakerhd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ah okay thanks for the support!

I won't make a big deal about my line being closed entirely when I still have active credit, but that's not right.. 

But it's ok, y'all are a big help cheers!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Once your number is ported out your account is cancelled.  I believe that apply to Self-Serve too and hence you have no access to the account now.

@combobreakerhd wrote:

Hello! I made a post a while back about my plan with PM being a little too high. So I ported my number out to another carrier which offered me a better plan. 

Btw, I'd happily come back to PM if their plans improved to match the competition.

Anyways, now that my number is ported out, I no longer seem to have access to my Self Serve. I've paid for this month up until the 15th, so I should still have access no? I need to access my acct so I can cancel the auto-pay. I do not want to get billed again on the 15th. 

Any help is appreciated! Thank you..

Sorry, but that Public Mobile account has been clsoed. You shouldn't get billled.but moderators can ensure that the credit card is unlinked for your Public Mobile account. Send them a private message at:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.