cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port and Close account

Soup891
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I have since moved to Telus from Public. I have called into Telus and ported my number. All is well and my new phone works perfectly. However, when I try to access my Public mobile account information. I get an error message as if my account either doesnt exist or isnt accessible. How do I close my account and payout my final bill?

8 REPLIES 8

@Gurpb52 wrote:

This was an unathorized port. Switch back to public mobile

Soup891 chose to switch to Telus Mobility. The Public Mobile self serve account being inaccessible is normal.

Gurpb52

This was an unathorized port. Switch back to public mobile

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Soup891 wrote:

Thanks for the help folks. Will miss the helpful folks in the forum. See you in two years... maybe? 

All the best. 

Sorry to see you go.  But you are in good hands at Telus.

If you did not remove your autopay credit card info on your PM account, you may want to create a support ticket to remove your credit card info.  Occasionally, people reported that PM continue to take money out from your autopay card.

Soup891

Thanks for the help folks. Will miss the helpful folks in the forum. See you in two years... maybe? 

All the best. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Soup891 wrote:

Hello, 

I have since moved to Telus from Public. I have called into Telus and ported my number. All is well and my new phone works perfectly. However, when I try to access my Public mobile account information. I get an error message as if my account either doesnt exist or isnt accessible. How do I close my account and payout my final bill?

@Soup891  Porting out will automatically terminate your PM account as soon as the number has been released by PM to Telus.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Soup891 wrote:

Hello, 

@Soup891 hi your account is closed,you do not owe a final bill this is a pre paid service good luck!!

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When you port out your account is closed. 30 day plans are prepaid and paid in advance. You don't owe a bill.

Need Help? Let's chat.