cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor network connection

hs05xi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Over the past several weeks there seems to be a significant decline in service. My connection will randomly drop. When I talk it often cuts out, my data connection is very poor. iMessages won’t send, the service is very weak or periodically it will say no connection available. I didn’t have this problem initially.

10 REPLIES 10

hs05xi

Thanks for all of the suggestions.  I will try the app with Telus to see if its a service issue in my area.  I have also sent the moderators a message to see if a new SIM card would be worth a try!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@closng wrote:

Another possibility could be a faulty SIM card, but I would first try the SIM in a different phone first. Perhaps you can borrow a phone from family/friends to have a quick test?

@hs05xi this is also a good suggestion from @closng.  Since you don't have ready access to another applicable phone, you could also private message the moderator team using this link, explain the issue, and ask if they could send you a replacement SIM card to see if it removes the issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Another possibility could be a faulty SIM card, but I would first try the SIM in a different phone first. Perhaps you can borrow a phone from family/friends to have a quick test?

hs05xi

thanks, i'll give that a try!

srlawren

@hs05xi in that case, i might suggest you install the Telus Network Experience app from the App Store (https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/telus-network-experience/id591161109?mt=8) and report the issue.  If they get enough reports in your area, you may see it get some attention.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hs05xi

No, unfortauntely I do not have access to another Telus/Koodoo phone or an unlocked phone, other than my own.

I did however put a Rogers SIM card in my phone and did not have the same issues with poor connection, particularly with phone calls.  Although I realize they run from different towers so not sure if this is a reasonable indicator.  

srlawren

@wetcoaster wrote:

@hs05xi wrote:

I have tried reseting my phone, restarting my phone and had no luck.  Not sure if any changes have been made to the towers but I also have a work cell phone and its network seems to be working fine.  Strong connection, but it is linked to Rogers, not Telus.  Not sure what else to do. I can complete calls but no one can hear/understand me because it cuts out so bad.  Also can't use the internet consistently.  I'm starting to get frustrated!

Have you tried your SIM card in a different unlocked (or locked to Telus or Koodo) phone to exclude a phone issue?

@hs05xi this is a good suggestion from @wetcoaster.  I have heard of some iPhone models developing antenna issues over time.  Would be good to rule that out.

@hs05xi wrote:

I have tried reseting my phone, restarting my phone and had no luck.  Not sure if any changes have been made to the towers but I also have a work cell phone and its network seems to be working fine.  Strong connection, but it is linked to Rogers, not Telus.  Not sure what else to do. I can complete calls but no one can hear/understand me because it cuts out so bad.  Also can't use the internet consistently.  I'm starting to get frustrated!

Have you tried your SIM card in a different unlocked (or locked to Telus or Koodo) phone to exclude a phone issue?

hs05xi

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I wonder if there is an issue with a local tower or perhaps something is going wrong with your phone.  Otherwise, the network in general seems fine.  I have no issues today or in recent days.  In fact, the network performance seems to have improved since my return from vacation.  I get LTE connection in more places at work.

Need Help? Let's chat.