cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plz Need Help, trying to port a Telus Landine

euhenp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Everyone,

Plz, I need help. I created a brand new account last night at 17:00.  And tried to port a Telus landline number. The Telus account is in good standing, but it has internet and TV cable plans attached to it. When I was creating the new Public account, there was a drop down menu to leave he cable and internet, with no change. I selected no change.  Public mobile account creation went fine.  But this time the SIM card cannot find net work, and the land line sill works fine. What should I be doing now? Please help 🙂

Thank you,

Gene

9 REPLIES 9

euhenp

Nope, I sent a msg to moderators about 2h ago.  I am sure I will receive a reply tomorrow.

Thank you for you help,

Gene

@euhenp 

Have they replied? Its basically closing time but you may get a reply im the next few minutes?

euhenp

I created the account last night 17:00-18:00.

Yep, I did PM the moderators...

@euhenp 

Contact the moderators they need to provision your sim card. You have proved that by placing it in two other phones. This has been an issue all day with provisioning of sim cards upon activation.

euhenp

Yep, Public Mobile, created the account charged my credit card just fine.

I tried an old iPhone 5 and my Samsung edge S7 thats unlocked and running PM services for a while. They both say "No Service". I am unable to send texts.

The iPhone 5, once I turn off Automatic, it has a Public Mobile option. No change, even if I select it.  Cannot send texts.

Thank you for the fast help softech,

Gene

Anonymous
Not applicable

for more info Transferring Or Changing Your Phone Number Click HERE ,

or

Number Transfer (Port) Troubleshooting, Click HERE,

or

Choosing Or Transferring A Phone Number During Activation, Click HERE.

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile -

i suggest to contact customer service by Moderator Team, to them provide right information

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

@euhenp 

If nothing is working on your sim card then it did not provision correctly which has been an issue today. You will need the moderators to provision it to your account. Put "incomplete activation of sim card" in the subject line and......

Send a private message...   Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@euhenp   So, the account was created fine and PM charged you?

first of all .. Telus landline still working is fine.  Porting landline takes time (3 to 10 business days).  Before the porting is completed you should be able to use your PM SIM to make outgoing calls and text and data... but incoming calls will still go to Telus landline until the port is completed

I guess the thing you need to fix is make sure the SIM is working.

What kind of phone are you using?  Any chance you have a 2nd phone to try as well?

When you power on the phone with the SIM, it was just saying cannot find network?  On your phone, can you go to Network and try to pick manual instead of automatic and see if it presents you some choices?

euhenp

Under "Plan Deails" it does say the landline Telus Calgary landline number(403 area code) I am trying to port over.

Need Help? Let's chat.