cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help!!!

Nikkicassandra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My uncle didn’t not have an email address so I set one up just to activate his SIM card and haven’t checked it since!

now his email account has been deactivated and I have no watch of logging into husband public mobile account! What can I do? 

10 REPLIES 10

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Nikkicassandra 

You can still sign into your self serve even if your email was deactivated. As long as you know the password you could sign in. if you forgot the email address entirely then it’s tricky and you’ll need help from a moderator.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, PIN, phone number, detailed problem description.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

can you describe explain the way to chnage the official emial address  (not username)  as i was  always told /experienced that mods were the only ones able to do it  

I didn't say official. You can't. We can only change the login email by a circuitous method.

Edit: I see now. I was referring to you saying we can change the login email. I was in effect agreeing but adding that we CAN but it's not a simple tab to click.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous   i took those as autocorrect errors husband for his.

can you describe explain the way to chnage the official emial address  (not username)  as i was  always told /experienced that mods were the only ones able to do it  

mimmo

@kb_mv , @Jb456   the holder of the account does not need to be the one contacting mods, nor does each selfserve account need a community account.   as long as you can pass the verification methods (pin, account login or sms verification, of the various account questions)  then mods should and will provide service. 

I manage my parents accounts and have always contacted mods on their behalf.   unless things have changed since the last time i asked for help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

Uncle or husband? You started with uncle doesn't have an email and ended with no way to log into Husband's public mobile account.

lol I wondered the same thing but y'know...didn't wanna judge or anything. 🙂

@mimmo : we CAN change that address but it's rather circuitous to get there. Not just a tab to click.

mimmo

Selfserve uses the email address as a username and official contact method.  the first can be changed in selfserve,  which you should be able to change unless you forgot the password.

the official address needs to be changed by mods.  to do this you need to use simon.  the question mark on the bottom of the screen.

@Anonymous @Nikkicassandra I'm not sure why the fact that the status of his email account is irrelevant escaped me, but this is correct lol. It can still be used as your/his log in.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Uncle or husband? You started with uncle doesn't have an email and ended with no way to log into Husband's public mobile account.

The self serve username is email address and the password chosen. So not having access to the email account shouldn't affect logging into the PM account. Unless you don't know the password and can't use the forgot password link to reset the password since the email address is deactivated.

In any event the holder of the PM account has to contact the moderators to gain access to the account. Likely they would have to change to the email address also to one that is active. 

To reach moderators there are two way.

Simon.JPG

Or via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nikkicassandra wrote:

My uncle didn’t not have an email address so I set one up just to activate his SIM card and haven’t checked it since!

now his email account has been deactivated and I have no watch of logging into husband public mobile account! What can I do? 

Do you know the password? The email address is used as the log in. Once set up, you just use it for logging in.

If you don't know the password then you'll need to contact the moderators.

If you do know the password then contact the moderators too to get the account email address changed to something else.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Nikkicassandra wrote:

@Nikkicassandra What type of email address did you set up for him (with who). I don't think I have heard of an email address being deactivated. I have gone into emails 2 years after last time and it still works.

If the account is in his name, he will have to have a community account here to contact the moderators and get his email address changed (after setting up a new one). You/he can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.