cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with number porting

alex-s20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yestarday i tried to post my number from chatr and shortly after that i got a SMS that i need to complete SIM & Activation online form. So i found on this form that i should send message to @CS_Agent, so i did. Since then nobody contacted me to help with that issue. My number stuck in half ported state and i do not have so much time to wait as my chatr account is going to expire in a few next days (do not want to pay for full next month to Chatr only because PM can not port number on time)

So my question is how long takes to moderators to contact somebody who is seeking for help?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Curtisstone980 wrote:

I switched from both in mobile to public with a wireless phone it took 5 days for the port to complete

That is not supposed to happen.  Wireless to wireless is supposed ti happen witin 2.5 hours, and sometimss completes within seconds or minutes.  Usually 5 days means that there was a problem and that tbe request had to be attempted again.

@computergeek541 exactly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Curtisstone980 wrote:

I switched from both in mobile to public with a wireless phone it took 5 days for the port to complete

That is not supposed to happen.  Wireless to wireless is supposed ti happen witin 2.5 hours, and sometimss completes within seconds or minutes.  Usually 5 days means that there was a problem and that tbe request had to be attempted again.

Curtisstone980

Curtisstone980

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Curtisstone980 wrote:

It will take 3-5 business days for the porting to complete it can be a bit of a bother having half your phone working on one sim card and half working on the other but with a little bit of waiting it will all work out 

@Curtisstone980 no, not from another mobile provider.  This should be done MUCH quicker than that.  If it's taking more than even 24 hours, the port is probably stuck or failed.  If you're porting from a home phone or a VoIP provider, it can take much longer (around a week or so), but not from another mobile provider like Chatr.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Curtisstone980

It will take 3-5 business days for the porting to complete it can be a bit of a bother having half your phone working on one sim card and half working on the other but with a little bit of waiting it will all work out 

alex-s20

IMHO it would be nice to implement something like customers queue visualization, so each one who asked for the help could see how many user are ahead, as obscurity is making people nervous with all the possible consequences...

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Weekends are slower I think but if you have a few days before Chatr renews, it should he fine as you will most likely hear from them mo later than tomorrow.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Public mobile moderators usually respond in a few hours, but depends on work load.  Not sure if weekends are slower.  Usually they are able to deal with port issues within a day or so.  Hopefully, they will respond by early this afternoon.

Their hours are:

• Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

bilal684
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sent them a message yesterday and no response for an issue I had. So I guess between 1 and 2 days? I hope not longer than 48 hours 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.