cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please have pity on me I am OLD!

pwwbear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a LG K9 phone. For the love of God someone please tell me how to shut off the thing from constantly texting to 7723. I tried looking through the mountain of posts that are about this, but can't make heads or tails out of what I should do.

6 REPLIES 6

Kohuala
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To stop the messages to 7723, follow these steps:

1. Open the settings app.
  2. Press "Permissions".
  3. Press the Phone App.
  4. Turn off SMS.

This should stop the messages, it worked for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pwwbear wrote:

no. i have unlimited,,,  there is no phone dialing app under sms permissions listed. 

Unlimited what?

The only time anyone would care about those texts would be if one is on a limited plan.

The $10 plan gives you unlimited INCOMING texts. It only gives you 50 outgoing texts. So if that dialer thing is consuming your texts then you would want to turn off the permission.

The dialer program itself would have settings and in there would be a setting to let it send SMS messages for whatever reason. Turn it off. If you're on the $10 plan of course. Otherwise...indeed it doesn't matter.

@pwwbear wrote:

no. i have unlimited,,,  there is no phone dialing app under sms permissions listed. 

Because you have unlimited..don't bother with that...it doesn't matter for you and your account.Smiley Happy

pwwbear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good old google...the 50 text plan eater.. 😀

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@pwwbear wrote:

I have a LG K9 phone. For the love of God someone please tell me how to shut off the thing from constantly texting to 7723. I tried looking through the mountain of posts that are about this, but can't make heads or tails out of what I should do.

7723 is sent by the phone dialing app.  Try disable SMS permission for that program.  Are you using a plan with 50 outgoing texts?

Need Help? Let's chat.