cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please I need help I'm locked out of my account

Angelface
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So my ex used to pay my phone bill. He must have called it in as stolen or something because my plan now says locked out stolen.   This is not true

Can a moderator.help me because I tried going through the ticket to talk to a moderator and even that is giving me issues because I cannot enter my phone number

What do I do next I'm about to quit public because I need use of my phone 😞

43 REPLIES 43

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Angelface 

What happens when you call 611?

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mpcdesign 

Well, this is what I am talking about. This is why I love Public mobile. The community rallying together to help another person out. @Naepalm Guess I am not the only one eh? 😊

@Naepalm, you are so bad. 🙄

@Naepalm wrote:

I thought she meant I cant enter my phone number because she forgot her number. 😳 lol

@mpcdesign Ill second that if she is in southwestern ontario. 

But seriously if you need a SIM and you are in Ontario I am sure anyone here can help you out including me. 

@brettster99  when she said

, "through the ticket to talk to a moderator and even that is giving me issues because I cannot enter my phone number"

I thought she meant I cant enter my phone number because she forgot her number. 😳 lol

zulu53
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

According to this,

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

accounts are only put into suspension, i.e. not locked out.   You have 90days to either un-suspend or get a new sim.  That is if you have access to the online account.  You can keep the number either way.  If you do not have access to the account then you would need to talk to a moderator to reset it for you - see other links on how to do this.  BUT if this was your ex partners name address on the account then of course this will not happen since it was obviously their account where they "lent" you the sim card.  You would then need to get your own account with your own sim and telephone number and move on - just add the credit card of your next partner willing to pay and go with autopay, but at all times keep access to your account to yourself.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Angelface, sorry to hear that things didn't work out with your boyfriend/husband. It's one of the main reasons why one shouldn't let them pay his or her accounts. By doing so, now, we are in this predicament. Remember this for next time. You are an independent woman.

The ticket process isn't going to the best solution for you, and as one of the other people that have mentioned, you need to go directly to the moderator. 

Who has the phone? You or your boyfriend/husband? If you have the phone even better because I am guessing, as long as you have a valid credit card or a voucher to add to your account would be what's needed to get the ball rolling. I would strongly suggest a new account, password and new number? Why the new number, well, if your ex is this catty, I wouldn't want him to pull this again on me! 

If you need a new SIM card, and you can't afford one, let me know. If you live in the lower mainland, I am happy to give you a new SIM card. No strings attached. I would like to show you NOT all men are pigs! Some are, though! If you need the SIM, send me a private message. 

brettster99

@Naepalm 

It's not because she does not know it. Its more then likely this person's ex pressed the lost/stolen feature in the account of her phone number. 

@Angelface try contacting the moderators directly through private message here and explain your situation  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Ask them for a temporary password to your self service account. However, I think @shep22 's suggestion may be the best one. Hope it works out for you. Stay safe. 

brettster99

You can Private  message the moderators by clicking on the envelope on the top right to message them. 

@Angelface 

@CS_Agent  URGENT URGENT

Or I will private message you for another resolution 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Angelface 

Hi, try this direct link to see if a moderator can assist you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Angelface  you dont know your phone number?

If you want to stay with Public Mobile, you can order a new SIM start a new plan and then insert that new SIM in your phone. For the time being down load textnow so you can call and text while on wifi. Then once that SIM come in activate it and insert it in your phone and your good to go.

You'll need to have a new email qssociated with the account though. 

Hope all goes well welcome to Public Mobile!

shep22

@Angelface sorry to hear of your issues if you can’t get a hold of moderators maybe as a last resort go out and buy a new Sim and start a new plan under your own name and a different email of course maybe just start fresh might be the best thing good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.