cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please I need help I'm locked out of my account

Angelface
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So my ex used to pay my phone bill. He must have called it in as stolen or something because my plan now says locked out stolen.   This is not true

Can a moderator.help me because I tried going through the ticket to talk to a moderator and even that is giving me issues because I cannot enter my phone number

What do I do next I'm about to quit public because I need use of my phone 😞

43 REPLIES 43

Amberaac11

My name is Amber and no not yet. Nothing  I h  as v bc d Ed to go in to th ex store shop I is super far away but it’ll get done I the morning 

@Angelface 

What happened at the end

Did you gain access to your account

Hope you are doing well

@Angelface  If you have the password then go into your account and remove or replace the card on file. 

To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

2Capture.PNG

Two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"
Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

If you don't have another credit card the you can purchase vouchers to get up and running.

vouchers.png

1. Xoom
    2. Recharge
    3. Ding

Hope this helps!

Angelface

I appreciate the work you did for me but I do have my password. He just called his cc company and said it was an unauthorized use which is bs

@Angelface, I believe if you go to self-serve account,  go to Forgot password:

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 2.30.26 AM.png

If by chance, you know your information even better. If not, and your ex boyfriend/husband used your computer, he may be a lazy ass man and saved the user name and password within the web browser. I stink at remembering passwords. If I didn't write it down or put it in a spreadsheet, My next step is to look at the security of your password in the web browser preferences or on a keychain (Macs)

By looking at the Saved Passwords in my web browsers have saved me a few 'oh crud, I can't remember my password and I am gonna be locked out!":

Chrome > Preferences > Autofill > Passwords

Firefox > Preferences > Privacy and Security > Logins and Passwords > Saved Logins

Safari > Preferences > Passwords

Once you get inside your profile, you can change your password, and security question as well! This screen will pop openScreen Shot 2020-05-14 at 2.36.58 AM.png

Click on the Change Password or Your Security Question

Change Your Password Screen:
Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 2.40.09 AM.png

Change Your Security Question Screen:

.Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 2.40.56 AM.png

And select a question or make up your own question (maybe create a new question  that your ex boyfriend/husband doesn't know because he probably knows all the answers below)
Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 2.41.02 AM.png

Hope this helps! 

Angelface

How

@Angelface  If you activated the account then you should be able to reset your password. Once you have access to your selfserve you can declare your phone found and get control of your account back.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Angelface Can you still dial 611?

What happens when you call your phone number from another phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Angelface 

It can take up to 48 hours to get a response 

@kselmak, why chance it with a catty boyfriend/husband? If he had an ounce of being a decent person, he should tell her that he isn't planning to pay for her cell phone and she needs her credit card to change it. or better yet, add enough money for the next plan, and remove the credit card and give her a month to add her own credit card. 

@Angelface 

You can have your account back

They keep old info on it too

You know the original name email address pin and dob.

I doubt it was changed as your ex probably just stopped paying.

Contact the moderators directly

Let to know the most frequently called and texted numbers.

Also since you probably don't know the last 4 digits of the card on file you will not be able to provide it, but you know the original payment, would be great if that was on a card as well and you still had that card.

Do you by any chance have the original receipt, it would come to your email, probably the only commination regarding your account (subject .Your Public Mobile Activation Details). It would be great if you knew your account number too. You can prove the account is yours. Don't give up, you have rewards and bonus on it

Angelface

I sent msgs to the mod will it take a bit of time to get a msg back? It's been about 20 min since I msged them

Angelface

If you want to that would be great

brettster99

@Angelface 

Explain to them that basically that something happened either by public or anything you would say that truthfully caused this and it was out of your hands. It is not like you wanted to change numbers or anything. 

brettster99

You honestly do not haft to do anything. @Angelface We all need help sometimes but if you really want I will PM you my facebook. As I think the oracles would be breathing down my neck If i posted publicy lol 

Angelface

Your right and this sucks.   I have to contact so many clients to change numbers

brettster99

@Angelface 

At this point I would just suggest starting over. As much as this is a frustrating situation in my opinion I do not think he would pay now that he is your ex and he probably did not call (the only way to know for sure either way was if you were with him but thats not gonna happen) 

I just think at this point it's a lost cause

Angelface

Well if it's ok I would like to get your fb info or something to pay you back

Angelface

No it's my name and account he just for xmas told me he would pay it for six months

Angelface

I'm in Alberta

Angelface

I can't get through

Get this though I just got ahold of the ex and he told me he phoned his cc company immediately and told them just to cancel payment that it wasn't stolen and it's still showing up stolen.  Don't know who to believe or what to do but it's upsetting

brettster99

@Angelface 

Yeah that does suck. So here's what I am going to do. Send you the $45 for that plan. 

Angelface

I activated the account not hin

@Angelface I hope everything works out for you especially during this crappy time

Angelface

Well my promotion was 35 for 5 gig instead of 45

brettster99

@Angelface 

How much was the month amount? I see what I can do

Angelface

Not only that I lost my promotion

Just all around hurtin time

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Angelface  If he activated the account then nothing you can do. Just activate a new account as a new customer.

Angelface

Wow god bless you all

I appreciate it sincerely

I had a month ripped off from me because of this 

brettster99

@Angelface 

Hopefully that will help you out. And just remember we are here for you during this time. And I want to thank @mpcdesign  and @Naepalm for there generosity of offering to help as well

Need Help? Let's chat.