cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan auto renewed and I was charged, but did not auto renew my data

Honeypantaloons
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Pretty much the title. 

For the month of July, I needed 1 extra G of data, so I purchased as an add on. My plan auto renewed on august 8th, and I am able to text, but have run out of data because it did not auto renew. I am on the $40/mo plan. I can provide screenshots if necessary.

9 REPLIES 9

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Honeypantaloons wrote:

Pretty much the title. 

For the month of July, I needed 1 extra G of data, so I purchased as an add on. My plan auto renewed on august 8th, and I am able to text, but have run out of data because it did not auto renew. I am on the $40/mo plan. I can provide screenshots if necessary.

Hello @Honeypantaloons ,

Have you been able to use data within the last 10 days (since your last renewal)?

Go to your "View my usage" summary and select August 8th to current dates.

Then try and obtain all the data usage in that time period. Copy and paste into excel may be easiest. 

OR, when you submit a ticket you can ask the Customer Support Agents to provide you that list.

@Honeypantaloons 

It appears that your plan data did not reset upon renewal. Did you completely consume your add on before your renewal as well? You can check your daily usage logs to see if you used any data after renewal that would have been add on data and should not have been consumed had your plan data properly reset.

Contact customer support as suggested to have your data counter(s) reset. Get in the habit of taking screenshots of your overview page before and after renewal so it's easier to see any anomalies when they occur.

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Addon's do not auto-renew. Only the core plans do. Addon's are there until consumed, so if you need more data later on, you will have to apply another addon. I actually like this much better than having extra data getting auto-renewed as if allows you to use the data as you need it without wasting it.

@Honeypantaloons wrote:

Pretty much the title. 

Did the data ever work starting on August 8? Usually, when no data is listed, this means that it has already been used.  It not working since the renewal would mean that you'll need to contact a CSA as inidcated earlier.

Honeypantaloons

Thank you.

@Honeypantaloons 

If Usage History in self service says you did not use up your data then contact a CSA, however if it is not listed under My Data & Add-Ons it usually means it has been consumed.

Contact a CSA concerning your data if you did not use it up (second option below is easiest):

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Honeypantaloons

I was charged for the plan auto renewing, but it appears as though it hasn't auto renewed. I am able to make and receive phone calls and text messages, but am not able to access any data.

Honeypantaloons

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 11.00.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-17 at 11.01.38 PM.png

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Honeypantaloons wrote:

Pretty much the title. 

So your plan data is not listed in self service under My Data & Add-Ons? Did you check usage history to see if you used it up?

Did you use up your 1 GB of data add on? If not, is that listed?

Need Help? Let's chat.