cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Expired

bd23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

This is actually for my mom who is also with public mobile. She's been a member for over a year. And her plan renewed on Oct 1 but her data is not working. I went into her account and it says Acount Status: Plan Expired. I'm guessing her autopay didn't work? But it's weird because her autopay has worked every time for over a year. (And she has enough funds on her credit card so it's not that). Her data says 0/3072 mb used and I also went into her payment history and she got rewarded for we loyalty and autopay, but no indication of the bill paid so again my assumption is autopay didn't work and now her plan is expired..if this is the case how do I fix it for her, if it's not the case, what is it?

thanks!!!

ben

11 REPLIES 11

@srlawren wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

It's sound to me as if the data counter didn't get reset on Public Mobile's end then.  

@computergeek541 does it though??  Stated in the OP:

@bd23 wrote:

Her data says 0/3072 mb used

@bd23 to be clear:  was this checked in the phone's usage info, or in her Public Mobile account overview page?

From my experiment when I deliberately let my data run out, the self serve counter might not be what the billing system goes by, or at least I don't think that it does.  While my self serve data counter reset at midnight during the night of the renewal, there was a delay from that time until it started working again. I am guessing that whatever happens during that time might not have happened for this account.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

It's sound to me as if the data counter didn't get reset on Public Mobile's end then.  

@computergeek541 does it though??  Stated in the OP:

@bd23 wrote:

Her data says 0/3072 mb used

@bd23 to be clear:  was this checked in the phone's usage info, or in her Public Mobile account overview page?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Verify her CC info in self-serve, make sure it is not expired. Also check her CC statement to see if a change went through. All else fail, contact the MOD for resolution.

@bd23 wrote:

And yes her phone is working normally. 

This means that phone calls and text messaging is working, but just that data isn't working?

If that's the case, the plan must have been paid for because those features would have also stopped working if the payment didn't go thorough.

It's sound to me as if the data counter didn't get reset on Public Mobile's end then.  Have there been any changes in devices (new phone) or have any settings been change recently?

@bd23 wrote:

If her phone is working then it's possible that there is an issue on with her account status not being updated correctly. Best to submit a ticket for investigation.

To submit a ticket to the Public Moderator Team click here . Enter Submit Ticket and then click on the Contact Us link. To access the Public Moderator Team Assistance form then select the Click me! link.

Edit: As for the data not working make sure her data is turned on and make sure the APN settings are correct.

Hope this helps.

@geopublic wrote:

@bd23  Is her phone working? If yes, it means that her plan is currently going through renewal and everything will be back to normal by tomorrow. If this is the case best to stay away and let the renewal complete otherwise you risk messing up her account.

In this case, the renewal date was October 1.

@bd23  No, it doesn't but is her phone working?

@bd23 wrote:

Hi

This is actually for my mom who is also with public mobile. She's been a member for over a year. And her plan renewed on Oct 1 but her data is not working. I went into her account and it says Acount Status: Plan Expired. I'm guessing her autopay didn't work? But it's weird because her autopay has worked every time for over a year. (And she has enough funds on her credit card so it's not that). Her data says 0/3072 mb used and I also went into her payment history and she got rewarded for we loyalty and autopay, but no indication of the bill paid so again my assumption is autopay didn't work and now her plan is expired..if this is the case how do I fix it for her, if it's not the case, what is it?

The first thing to try is to make a manual $1 payment.   There's also the method of reporting yoru phone as lost and then found. It's my undrestand that can mess with your rewards, but you've said that you've already received your rewards from October 1.

If that doesn't work contact the moderators but clicking the question mark on the right hand side of the screen and type in "open ticket". and then select "contact us", "submit ticket".

bd23

bd23

I would have thought that but the renewal was October 1st. It doesn't take this long (oct 10th). Thx

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bd23 wrote:

Hi

thanks!!!

ben

@bd23  Is her phone working? If yes, it means that her plan is currently going through renewal and everything will be back to normal by tomorrow. If this is the case best to stay away and let the renewal complete otherwise you risk messing up her account.

Need Help? Let's chat.