cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone

Rivest06
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Money was paid for my plan but I'm only getting incoming and texting. I can't call out??

44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rivest06 wrote:

Yes I did try some of them like tried to list as lost and start again it shows my plan is paid 42 texting and calling it seems I’m getting calls just won’t let me call out

What plan are you on?

Rivest06

Yes I did try some of them like tried to list as lost and start again it shows my plan is paid 42 texting and calling it seems I’m getting calls just won’t let me call out

Anonymous
Not applicable

See your other "Phone" thread. There are suggestions and links there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rivest06 wrote:

Not a new phone or number I’ve been with public for about a year as well

But what plan are you on? Did you try any of the suggestions mentioned?

Rivest06

Not a new phone or number I’ve been with public for about a year as well

Rivest06

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

One last idea (my standard advice) is that you try a network reset if you're still having trouble. 

Android: Settings->System->Reset options->Reset Wi-Fi, mobile and Bluetooth

iOS: Settings->General->Reset->Network Reset

You will lose your saved Wi-Fi netowrks and BT devices and will need to add them again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rivest06 wrote:

Money was paid for my plan but I'm only getting incoming and texting. I can't call out??

If you're on the $10 or $15 plans then maybe you've used all your minutes.

If you don't see mention of a minutes counter in your overview page then that's why.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Rivest06, as this is your first post in the community, I'm betting this is a new activation, and you're porting your number from another carrier.

If this is true, it normally takes about 1-2 hours for a mobile number port to fully complete.  Use your previous SIM in the meantime.  Once it stops working, plug in the Public Mobile sim, and you 'll be good to go.

If it continues, or you're porting from Koodo PrePaid, you're going to need moderator_team assistance.

If you're porting a landline or VoIP service number, these take 3-7 business days in general, and you may be contacted to keep you at your service.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rivest06 wrote:

@Rivest06  What happens when you dial 611? Is you account acive or is it reporting something else?

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

have you just ported in from another provider? if so it can take a few hours to complete, prepaid can be 24 or longer

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Rivest06 wrote:

Please provide more info.

Did you recently port your number from another carrier?

Is this a new activation? If not, were outgoing calls working previously?

Which plan are you on? Have you recently changed plan?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try the lost/stolen phone trick.  Where you log in to your self serve and report your phone lost, this will deactivate your sim and wait about 5 minutes and log back in and report it found, this will reactivate your sim and hopefully give it the kick it needs.  Or you can send a private message to the moderators.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

What make and model of phone do you have ?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rivest06 wrote:

What had happened leading to the no out going call?  You may try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.